Light-O-Rama Forums

Thinking of Next Year what to buy suggestions please

Septon

Hello all.

Well, My show is up and running and I won't be doing anymore this year.  This year for the first year I added RBG floods dumb and strips dumb... and man I am hooked!  I want to budget to spend 1k for or through out next year.

I want to buy and build some, buy and get straight from LOR too.  

Frankly... I think I would like a buddy... someone to help me with ideas etc...  I live in Canada and in such I have snow to think about... sometimes 3' sometimes 1'.  

I am SUPER stoked about this year and using CAT 5 for my wiring... worked AWESOME.  

I am thinking of course of adding more flood lights, (covering 120' now with them along the road and driveway looks nice) but am also thinking of adding something another 16 channel plug... but would like to figure out DMX (I think I understand it, more over what it is.... )

Any ideas, links etc please feel free to help me.  Hopefully after Christmas there will be a sale... even in China haha a little each month keeps the wife from beating my a**

A good way to go about this, is to look at others peoples displays, and see if they have a prop or props you like. Then figure out if it will work with your property and the rest of your show. If you see a prop(s) that you like capture a screenshot and post it asking question about it. Chances are good, someone here has one, or at the very least can help you figure out how to build and light it. I don't use them (yet) but there is Easy Light Linkers that send the data to the controllers wirelessly, so you would only need to get power to a remote location. Lots of possibilities.

Alan...

• Like 1

I watch a lot of videos and pictures from other displays and get a lot of ideas. I make a list of what I would like to add and figure out a cost for each. Then I can plan what to add each year that I can budget for. I love wireframes so I try to add 1 each year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, default said:

. I don't use them (yet) but there is Easy Light Linkers that send the data to the controllers wirelessly, so you would only need to get power to a remote location. Lots of possibilities.

Hmm I like the idea of wireless... interesting.  Thanks for the feed back.

Great ideas... So, I am looking to add flood lights and DMX controllers???  Not sure really what they are, I see what I think they are haha.  But don't know how to differentiate what I seen.  So some ideas on that would be great as well as I would like to run SMART RBG strips I think.  I am also thinking of running a tree that uses CCR???  Not sure what that is... but that spiralling tree is it?

8 minutes ago, Septon said:

Hmm I like the idea of wireless... interesting.  Thanks for the feed back.

Remember:  Not good for Pixels.  Those controllers need 500K speed

• Like 1

• The topic was locked