Light-O-Rama Forums

Outdoor speakers

Multicolor

I am looking to buy a wired AUX speaker that plugs into a power source so I don’t have to worry about changing battery’s or changing it everyday. Can anyone help?

I bought this powered weatherproof speaker that was suggested by another forum member and I'm quite pleased with it.  I'm connecting it to miniDirector with a 3.5 mm audio cable.  If you do a quick google search you can find it for $50 cheaper on a few other sites.

Edited by Speedster

I just bought some outdoor speakers and ran speaker jacks into the same outside box that I have my cat 5 jacks in for the controllers.

I have an amplifier in the house hooked up with insteon.    this amplifier drives the outdoor speakers.  The insteon allows me to turn off the amplifier after 10 so it doesn't bother the neighbors.

You can get speaker jacks, cat 5 jacks, wire etc at Home Depot.

1 hour ago, Speedster said:

I bought this powered weatherproof speaker that was suggested by another forum member and I'm quite pleased with it.  I'm connecting it to miniDirector with a 3.5"" audio cable.  If you do a quick google search you can find it for $50 cheaper on a few other sites.

That's the same one I use - Love it! I power my show on and off every night via timer. This speaker remembers it was on and what volume it was set at. Priceless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega Arch said:

That's the same one I use - Love it! I power my show on and off every night via timer. This speaker remembers it was on and what volume it was set at. Priceless.

I believe it was you who recommended it to me when I was asking for advice on outdoor speakers.  Great recommendation, I love it for all the same reasons you mentioned!

5 hours ago, Speedster said:

I believe it was you who recommended it to me when I was asking for advice on outdoor speakers.  Great recommendation, I love it for all the same reasons you mentioned!

Would love to take credit, but Chet (caniac) turned me on to it first...

We just use an old boombox from my husband's bachelor days.  We set it to the radio station we use, and have it plugged into our timer that starts the whole light show.  We put it in a black plastic bag to keep it dry and put it behind some holly bush shrubs.  Has worked fine the past two years and if someone steals it, who cares?  That thing is over 20 years old!

1 hour ago, Mega Arch said:

Would love to take credit, but Chet (caniac) turned me on to it first...

I'm glad I got it because the sound quality is so much better than I expected.  After Christmas I'm going to replace my current pc speakers with it.

30 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

We just use an old boombox from my husband's bachelor days.  We set it to the radio station we use, and have it plugged into our timer that starts the whole light show.  We put it in a black plastic bag to keep it dry and put it behind some holly bush shrubs.  Has worked fine the past two years and if someone steals it, who cares?  That thing is over 20 years old!

If I didn't buy a weatherproof outdoor speaker, I would have also used the "boombox in a bag" method.  Seems to work well for a lot of people!

13 hours ago, Speedster said:

I bought this powered weatherproof speaker that was suggested by another forum member and I'm quite pleased with it.  I'm connecting it to miniDirector with a 3.5 mm audio cable.  If you do a quick google search you can find it for $50 cheaper on a few other sites.

Someone recommended this speaker last year and I purchased it.  I just powered my show up last night for the first time and forgot how loud and clear it was.  Very happy with the purchase.