Light-O-Rama Forums

Twinkle function stays solid on

mdhunsche

I've been having this problem for a few years but just ignored it... now I'm seeking help. I have 3 G2 LOR controllers and a DLight Controller from 2006. I resolved all the issues with them except one. I have a few songs where one of my Gen2 controllers will leave 8 of the 16 channels on. It's setup in the middle of the chain (so it's not the last unit or first unit) in the Cat5 line, and it's the same unit as in prior years. But Channels 1-8 on this particular unit won't twinkle, they will just go solid on. Then, even after the twinkle function is supposed to stop, they stay on for about 1/2 of the song.

I'm running 2.9.4 software, and the channels have anywhere from 100 incandescent's to 1100 Incandescent's on them. So I assume it's not something where too much juice is still flowing to them.

Any thoughts? It doesn't happen all the time either. That's the odd part.

6 minutes ago, mdhunsche said:

I've been having this problem for a few years but just ignored it... now I'm seeking help. I have 3 G2 LOR controllers and a DLight Controller from 2006. I resolved all the issues with them except one. I have a few songs where one of my Gen2 controllers will leave 8 of the 16 channels on. It's setup in the middle of the chain (so it's not the last unit or first unit) in the Cat5 line, and it's the same unit as in prior years. But Channels 1-8 on this particular unit won't twinkle, they will just go solid on. Then, even after the twinkle function is supposed to stop, they stay on for about 1/2 of the song.

I'm running 2.9.4 software, and the channels have anywhere from 100 incandescent's to 1100 Incandescent's on them. So I assume it's not something where too much juice is still flowing to them.

Any thoughts? It doesn't happen all the time either. That's the odd part.

Are these in factory cases With the high power Heat sinks?  Those heavy loads will heat things up without a good heat sink (and decent cooling if mutiple devices are in the same box)

Yes, the only one giving me a problem is the commercial one in the metal box, upgraded heat sinks. Oddly enough I actually have two identical units of these, both running similar loads, and have no issues with the other one. But, I might switch out two channels to run the 1100 lights on channel 9-16 to try that out. Thanks.

I think I resolved it... turns out I was using version 4.01 on the two older units I have. The third is 4.30, so I updated the firmware and it appears to have resolved my issues.

• The topic was locked