Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers aren't connecting with each other

minaayindra

MY CONTROLLERS ARE READY TO START PRODUCING MY SHOW, EXCEPT CONTROLLER 12 IS NOT SENDING A SIGNAL TO 13 OR 13 ISN'T RECEIVING IT.  THE GREEN LIGHT IS STEADY ON ALL THE CONTROLLERS UP TO 13 AND THEN EVERYTHING AFTER THAT IS FLASHING AND DOESN'T SHOW UP IN THE HARDWARE UTILITY.  I HAVE TRIED REPLACING THE CAT 5 CABLE FROM 12 TO 13 BUT THAT HAS MADE NO DIFFERENCE.  WHAT DO I DO NOW?  I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME AND I HAVE A 22 CONTROLLER SHOW!  PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks for the immediate response!  Of course, I have no idea what the RJ45 jack is but I'm assuming it's where I'm plugging the cable into- lol  I guess I'll have to change it out for my backup but I sure hate to lose an entire box for something so small.

No, that's not stupid at all- everything helps!  I set the numbers originally.  I am now resetting 13 to be sure it is numbered correctly- 12 shows up, 13 is where the chain dies.

5 minutes ago, minaayindra said:

No, that's not stupid at all- everything helps!  I set the numbers originally.  I am now resetting 13 to be sure it is numbered correctly- 12 shows up, 13 is where the chain dies.

12 or 13 could have a bad jack

Exchange the plugs (in the ports)  on 12 If 12 dies, then 12 has a bad port. move it to the END of the chain  (remember, the order of ID's is not tied to the position on the cable)

• Like 1

If you need to use the bad box, now you know what one it is. You can put that box at the end of you daisy chain and it should work if you plug it into the working plug.

• Like 1

Repairing a broken RJ45 socket is not a difficult thing if you or someone you know can solder circuit boards.  Another option is to send it to LOR for repair.  If you create a help desk ticket they will give you pricing

• The topic was locked