Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot get my Pixel Editor to run with my Sequence Editor

JamieOrama

9 minutes ago, JamieOrama said:

It should be the V 1.08 version. Can you take a snip of ur Hardware Utility screen with what you have and put it on the thread. You can do it with all of them hooked up just check the box that has only the selected. CTB16PG2-V1.08 is the version you need. 

I am not at home to connect to LOR network to get a snip of the HU screen. The V1.08 is not on the LOR firmware site. It only goes to V1.06

27 minutes ago, JamieOrama said:

It should be the V 1.08 version. Can you take a snip of ur Hardware Utility screen with what you have and put it on the thread. You can do it with all of them hooked up just check the box that has only the selected. CTB16PG2-V1.08 is the version you need. 

I think you mean CTB16PG3-V1.08. This is for the Gen 3 boards. I am thinking that @matthughes doesn't have a Gen 3 board. In which case he needs to follow the advice of @srcarver...

On 11/28/2017 at 9:06 AM, srcarver said:

I had the same problem and you need to have more than one network if your ac boards are not the gen 3 boards . I had to buy the hs 485 (red) for the pixie board and I’m waiting on it now. If your ac boards are not the gen 3 then they will not run on the enhanced network 

This is exactly correct. You can check which boards are compatible with enhanced LOR here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Matt

12 hours ago, matthughes said:

I am having the exact same issue, with the exception of I have 16 strands of 100 pixels (2 50 strands connected) and I can get only the bottom half of the 100 pixel strand to work.

In PE's Prop Definition screen, change the Max Circuits to 300 (100 pixels * 3 circuits per pixel). Also, in the Hardware Utility, you need to configure the Pixie controller for 100 pixels per port.

Matt

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

I think you mean CTB16PG3-V1.08. This is for the Gen 3 boards. I am thinking that @matthughes doesn't have a Gen 3 board. In which case he needs to follow the advice of @srcarver...

This is exactly correct. You can check which boards are compatible with enhanced LOR here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Matt

Thank you very much. How can I tell the difference between a gen 2 and a gen 3 board?

2 hours ago, matthughes said:

Thank you very much. How can I tell the difference between a gen 2 and a gen 3 board?

On the board itself, open up the controller. HU will tell you if it finds it. I’d suggest having just the controller in question connect to eliminate confusion. It’s only unplugging no more that 2 cables

JR

BTW- there are some boa ds mark d g2 that are actually g3.

HU or having he LED instead of the red domed type bulb is the key. I’m not sure how many are floating around but I have 4

JR

This has been an enlightening thread for me...

I'm a network guy. Very tech savvy. I deal with routers, switches, all kinds of low voltage stuff. I have built a couple RasPie projects - I never thought this hobby would stump me. Heck, I did a lot of lighting for Stage / show with DMX.

Been on LOR for 3 or 4 years. Pixels have kicked my a$$.

I came upon this because I had same symptom of Pixels not working. I THINK I have good info now to fix mine.... Does this look right :

1. For Pixel Editor to control lights, I MUST have enhanced lor Protocol enabled.

2. My Gen2 PCKit controller ( at least I am assuming its a gen 2 - bought it about 3 years ago ) wont support ELOR, so I need to get it or my Pixie on another network.

3. IF I make a sequence with both pixel editor sequencing and regular Sequencing ( not sure I'm doing this part correctly) I MUST import everything to pixel editor and delineate 'control with pixel sequencer' or 'control with standard sequencer'  or do I only have to do that if im editing / sequencing EVERYTHING in pixel editor....

4. All of my files need to be in the same folder (not sure, but thought I read someone saying that) intensity & lms should be in same folder ?

5. I need to confirm my prop settings because I THOUGHT this would look like a CCR, and I thought CCR's would all have same unit ID.

And after I doo all that, MAYBE, just maybe I'll be able to light these things up .

Interestingly enough, I was able to get something going treating them like CCR's - I bought a sequence from WOWLights, but it appears to have been designed pre-pixie / pre pixel editor, so It just looks like a bunch of CCR's - but they light an I can see most of the sequence.

Edited by gizmomkr

2 hours ago, gizmomkr said:

3. IF I make a sequence with both pixel editor sequencing and regular Sequencing ( not sure I'm doing this part correctly) I MUST import everything to pixel editor and delineate 'control with pixel sequencer' or 'control with standard sequencer'  or do I only have to do that if im editing / sequencing EVERYTHING in pixel editor....

Only needed if you are sequencing everything in your display in the Pixel Editor.  Putting props in your Pixel Editor (PE) preview that are sequenced with the Sequence Editor (SE) (and marked as Sequence Method=Sequence Editor) is purely *optional* -- but often very helpful (because you can see the see the SE sequence and those channels play back in the PE preview).

Not sure what you mean in #5, but everything else looks good.

Matt