Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot get my Pixel Editor to run with my Sequence Editor

JamieOrama

I am new to Pixels this year and I guess I am just not smart enough to merge the 2 to get them to coexist. I have my created Sequences in Sequence Editor and my ones on Pixel Editor. How do I merge together and why won't my control lights work on Pixel Editor.

How do you have your prop defined in the Pixel Editor? You know the Pixie 16 uses 16 unit id's, right?

Do you have "enhanced" checked in LOR Network Configuration? See pages 7-9 of this document for an example:

http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/PEwithPixelTree16x25-RevA.pdf

Matt

how do I merge the 2 together. Either I am a complete idiot or I am just missing something. I consider myself pretty tech savvy, but i am beside myself on this one. I can get them all to work using the Hardware Utility.

Edited by JamieOrama

31 minutes ago, JamieOrama said:

10' Pixel Tree and yes i have enhanced, but only a couple of the strands work.

How many pixels per strand? Are you using all 16 ports of the Pixie 16? What is the starting unit id of the Pixie 16? Is it a 360 degree tree?

30 minutes ago, JamieOrama said:

how do I merge the 2 together.

There is no merging -- the SE sequence and the PE sequence play together. When you open the sequence in SE, you should be able to scroll to the very bottom of the sequence and see an entry for the Pixel Editor (see the attached screen shot). If control lights is enabled and you play the sequence from SE, then both parts should play and light their respective lights.

Matt

SE-PE_props_track.png

Note, you only see the row at the bottom of the SE sequence AFTER you have performed  File > Save Intensity Data on your PE sequence.

Matt

I am using 6 Strands of 100 Pixel Nodes per strand at a 180 degree. I have gotten them to play with the sequence, but now only half of the first 2 strands are on.

Have you gone into the Hardware Utility and configured the Pixie 16 for 100 pixels per port?

In the Pixel Editor's Preview Design, does the Prop Definition screen for the tree have "Separate Unit #/Univ # for each RGB string" checked? And "Individual Start Channels" unchecked? Actual # of String should be 6. Exact # of RGB Nodes per String should be 100. Does the Unit # in the first row in the channel section = the unit id for the Pixie 16 shown in the Hardware Utility?

Matt

I will check this morning and get back with you. I may not have set it up that way. I will put a snip if it on here when I get home. 

Alright. figured it out with some help from dibblejr and he is the man. BUT, now my pixie16 is working great and my 2 other 16 channel regular controllers are not working. I can see them on the Hardware utility and turn them on from there, but when I try to run a sequence, they dont work. Now what do I do. I am at a loss. Please, I need help.

I had the same problem and you need to have more than one net work if your ac boards are not the gen 3 boards . I had to buy the hs 485 (red) for the pixie board and I’m waiting on it now. If your ac boards are not the gen 3 then they will not run on the enhanced network 

Edited by srcarver
  • Thanks 1

I had figured it out. Have you updated ur firmware on ur AC 16 channel controllers. I did and they work now with the original RS485. 

6 hours ago, JamieOrama said:

I had figured it out. Have you updated ur firmware on ur AC 16 channel controllers. I did and they work now with the original RS485. 

JamieOrama Which firmware did you use for the update? I am having the exact same issue, with the exception of I have 16 strands of 100 pixels (2 50 strands connected) and I can get only the bottom half of the 100 pixel strand to work.

Are you running your show on a PC? Can it run on a SD card based show controller?

1 hour ago, matthughes said:

JamieOrama Which firmware did you use for the update? I am having the exact same issue, with the exception of I have 16 strands of 100 pixels (2 50 strands connected) and I can get only the bottom half of the 100 pixel strand to work.

Are you running your show on a PC? Can it run on a SD card based show controller?

Just go to update firmware in HU for that controller. There is a download there. If not, I can email you the file or you can get it off the LOR support page.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Just go to update firmware in HU for that controller. There is a download there. If not, I can email you the file or you can get it off the LOR support page.

JR

I did just that. I uploaded through HU the below. I had all my boxes connected and just selected the box that I wanted to update. Is this the correct firmware? Should I do it with only the effect box connected to HU?

CTB16PC residential 16 channel controller latest firmware version CTB16PG2-V1.06 firmware

It should be the V 1.08 version. Can you take a snip of ur Hardware Utility screen with what you have and put it on the thread. You can do it with all of them hooked up just check the box that has only the selected. CTB16PG2-V1.08 is the version you need. 

Edited by JamieOrama
Added instructions