Light-O-Rama Forums

**Noob Alert ** Need some guidance on pixel tree

deputy963

So sorry folks, I have several big projects going at work and it's just been a madhouse! Everyone has been super helpful, and I really appreciate everyone's help to this point.

Update:

• Still using tree on Twinkle.
  • Frank B very kindly sent me one of his sequences (Thank you!).
  • Opened sequence and visualization in SS and it looks wonderful. Very nice work, Frank!
  • As I said earlier I'm a visual learner, so I set about creating a show using Frank's sequence so I could get an overview of the whole workflow and multiple softwares involved. (NOT going to use Frank's work for anything other that testing/learning!)
  • Show didn't work. Best guess is ID's are wrong. Frank suggested opening sequence in SE and changing them. Boy, is that a job! I'm through the second strand of eight and I've tested. Those 2 strands don't work.
  • Still using Twinkle from the HU! :)

Maybe I don't understand the relationship between units, strands, and pixel bulbs?

image.thumb.png.415b3ea96535acecdd7ff7de9f389a0f.png

The funny part is I work on the technical side of a very technical industry and I'm just not getting it. Maybe because my mind is focused on the projects, I don't know. I am learning, just don't have a full understanding at this point.

Any help is appreciated!

1 hour ago, deputy963 said:

So sorry folks, I have several big projects going at work and it's just been a madhouse! Everyone has been super helpful, and I really appreciate everyone's help to this point.

Update:

• Opened sequence and visualization in SS and it looks wonderful. Very nice work, Frank!
  • As I said earlier I'm a visual learner, so I set about creating a show using Frank's sequence so I could get an overview of the whole workflow and multiple softwares involved. (NOT going to use Frank's work for anything other that testing/learning!)
  • Show didn't work. Best guess is ID's are wrong. Frank suggested opening sequence in SE and changing them. Boy, is that a job! I'm through the second strand of eight and I've tested. Those 2 strands don't work.

Maybe I don't understand the relationship between units, strands, and pixel bulbs?

The funny part is I work on the technical side of a very technical industry and I'm just not getting it. Maybe because my mind is focused on the projects, I don't know. I am learning, just don't have a full understanding at this point.

Any help is appreciated!

Look at your found unit number

Now look at the unit number on the right

(assumes COM3 maps to Regular)

Edited by TheDucks

I may have misled you.  You change controller in sequence editor by opening up the sequence and then going under tools and bring up Channel configuration.  Under that you will see change controller.  You don't need to do them all individually.

12 minutes ago, Frank Bolton said:

I may have misled you.  You change controller in sequence editor by opening up the sequence and then going under tools and bring up Channel configuration.  Under that you will see change controller.  You don't need to do them all individually.

yup.  Discovered this a couple months back.  Saves so much time.

7 hours ago, deputy963 said:

Update:

Any help is appreciated!

I have been building my own computers, and software, since '81.   I am very techy.....yet this did not come easy for me, either.   I reached a point where things suddenly clicked,  though.  Give it a little time, and I am sure it will for you, also.