Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Changing LED lights

SinfulDarkLord

Hi guys, its been a long time since I posted here. After getting my father a light o rama controller for Christmas, he got himself a deal on LED lights. One of those lights changes colors. Can the light o rama software change the colors or do I need one of those RGB controllers?

13 minutes ago, SinfulDarkLord said:

Hi guys, its been a long time since I posted here. After getting my father a light o rama controller for Christmas, he got himself a deal on LED lights. One of those lights changes colors. Can the light o rama software change the colors or do I need one of those RGB controllers?

You'll most likely need an RGB controller.

If the LOR controller you got was just one of the AC controllers with 16 normal plugs on it, then it won't be changing any colors.

1 hour ago, SinfulDarkLord said:

Sounds like those LED lights have a controller of their own that controls the LED changing color. 

You wouldn't be using any LOR product to control that. It's all done in that controller on the LED string.

As a matter, you will fry them if you apply anything other than steady 120 VAC

(accidentally twinkled my Halloween Ghost string. :(:( . )

I would love to see a daughter board for the CTB16 that adds (On/Off) relay outputs (make it into a CTB20 or 24 :) )  for loads that can't tolerate funny power.

Edited by TheDucks

28 minutes ago, SinfulDarkLord said:

Thank you all for the reply. I figured as much that it would need the RGB controller. These lights do have a controller to change the colors. 

Thank you again.

The LOR RGB controller will not help.

• The topic was locked