Light-O-Rama Forums
JamesWright

Mega Tree Turned 180 Degrees

My show is running using 5.0.14! However, I have a problem that I can't figure out. My mega tree is turned 180 degrees. The back is in the front and the front is in the back. I have everything connected exactly like I did using S4, last year. I have double checked the string and controller setups. I have also double checked my prop definition. The starting location is "Bottom Back CW" which is the way that I have it wired. The tree displays properly in the playback window. However, the actual lights display with string 1 in the front instead of the back. Text reads and scrolls properly, but starts over in the from instead of the back. 

Does anyone one have any idea why this might be happening or how to resolve it?

Jim

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm curious as to how the sequence was made. Is all the rest of the sequence correct. ie other props? Was this part of the sequence (for the tree) sequenced created by using Insert Superstar Effects or just S5 SE? or a combo of both?

Alan...

All of my sequences act the same way. All of the other props seem to display properly, but the sequencing for them is not as elaborate. I know that my sign (matrix) is working just fine. Some of my sequences are new with S5 and some have been brought forward from as far back as 2009 (through each generation of software). These sequences and particularly the tree worked correctly last year. This sequencing was made using S4-S5. I don't use Superstar. BTW, the tree uses RGB nodes via E1.31, not CCRs.

Jim

I'm having the same kind of issue.  I have bought some sequences from Brian Bruder in past years and now that I'm using S5, everything is backwards on my 12 CCR tree.  I went to the prop definition for the CCR's and changed the Start setting from "Bottom Right" to "Bottom Left" and it didn't have any effect on the preview or the tree.

Next I tried opening a sequence with no CCR motion effects in it and tired adding something.  It shows up on my preview okay, but it doesn't show up or communicate with the CCR tree.

I need help with this ASAP since my show is now running and things are showing up backwards.

Matt, anything yet on the CCP Globe?

My pixel and ribbon tree are correct but I added two new pixel stars for the tops this year and they are both backwards. I too have tried the CW, CCW but those don't seem to change it. I added those in S5, my trees were from S4. In my case, I'm pretty sure it's me screwing it up, but I can't seem to find my error or the solution. They are just two ring stars. They are bottom CW. But when I try to make the center white with red on left and blue on right I get blue white red instead. Shouldn't the prop definition of bottom CCW essentially reverse the addressing?  It doesn't appear to have an effect?  But I still don't understand S5 fully yet...

7 hours ago, whyintheworld said:

Shouldn't the prop definition of bottom CCW essentially reverse the addressing?

Yes it should. Are you testing by enabling Control Lights in the Sequencer? What happens if you make your changes to the preview with no sequences open?

Matt

On 12/3/2017 at 9:41 AM, SteveBrighton said:

I'm having the same kind of issue.  I have bought some sequences from Brian Bruder in past years and now that I'm using S5, everything is backwards on my 12 CCR tree.  I went to the prop definition for the CCR's and changed the Start setting from "Bottom Right" to "Bottom Left" and it didn't have any effect on the preview or the tree.

How are you incorporating the SuperStar sequence into the S5 sequence? Are you using a subsequence? Pasting the sequence at the channel level? Or using the Insert SuperStar Effect command?

On 12/3/2017 at 9:41 AM, SteveBrighton said:

Matt, anything yet on the CCP Globe?

I have one sitting on the floor beside me, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Sorry.

Matt

8 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Yes it should. Are you testing by enabling Control Lights in the Sequencer? What happens if you make your changes to the preview with no sequences open?

Matt

I have two computers running. So I use one for sequencing and one for playing the show (using play files created from the first computer). So no I don't have control lights enabled on the first PC.

I haven't tried making the change with no sequence open.  I think trying that and then fully closing the sequencer before re-opening to edit will be the next step. If that fixes it, it might be a matter of the sequencer not making saving the change until the next time the sequencer is opened?

We also use several computers with a shared directory (Dropbox).  We've learned to completely exit the application if we want to pass a file between computers.  The thing that is most often lost/confused (only?) are previews.  It appears to me that there is a file that is not being closed until the application exits.  This is true even if the preview is saved.  This was true with Pixel Editor and the S5 Sequencer is behaving the same way.

arnold

24 minutes ago, arnolddeleon said:

It appears to me that there is a file that is not being closed until the application exits.  This is true even if the preview is saved.  This was true with Pixel Editor and the S5 Sequencer is behaving the same way.

That is true of the Pixel Editor, however, S5 updates the preview file when you exit Manage Previews. Also in S5, previews, motion effect favorites, and palettes have been moved into separate files (they were all one file in PE) -- this should make it more cloud-storage friendly.

If you are noticing problems where cloud storage does not get updated right away, please post a bug report with the actions you took, what your expectation was, and what actually occurred.

Matt Brown