Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue with loading a sequence

Capt_Bill_USMC

When I try to load a specific sequence, I am getting the attached error:

Any help you can provide would be great!

Thank you!

LOR Error.JPG

Where did you get the sequence? Is it something you created in the past and are having problems loading it now?

That error indicates something is structurally wrong with the sequence.

It was a shared sequence that I got from someone else.  Thank you for the reply.  Any idea how to fix it?

Sounds like the sequence is damaged or corrupted. Try downloading again. May not be usable unless you are able to edit HTML.

10 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Sounds like the sequence is damaged or corrupted. Try downloading again. May not be usable unless you are able to edit HTML.

Thank you.  I tried downloading it again and got the same result.  I know nothing about editing HTML.  Do you suggest that I contact LOR and see if they have a fix?

Thank you again!

Unless it came from LOR they probably can't help. Your best bet is to try and find a share from someone else. Search the forums, or post a request in the shareing forum section.

Minor quibble. It is XML   I know this won't FIX what is broke, but you might spot a missing closing tag

A programmers (text) editor makes reading it easier

Notepad ++ is a great (and Free) Windows Text editor that handles many program languages (and simple text)

49 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Minor quibble. It is XML   I know this won't FIX what is broke, but you might spot a missing closing tag

A programmers (text) editor makes reading it easier

Notepad ++ is a great (and Free) Windows Text editor that handles many program languages (and simple text)

Ok, so this is making sense.  XML is Xlights, correct?  The file was originally created in Xlights and converted to a .lms file.  The rest of what you said means nothing to me.  Is there a tutorial out there for this?

Thanks for replying!

XML is a programming language and is what the sequences are written in. It is basically a script or list of instructions written by the Sequence editor. No connection to X lights which is another flavor of sequencing software. Although X lights may use XML too, not sure.

Basically you have a broke sequence and probably will be quicker and easier to just find another one.

There was a post on here just a few days ago that literally had hundreds of sequences for share.

Capt.,

I just sent you my E-Mail address in a PM.  If you want, send me the file and I will attempt to un-mangle the XML.  I'm pretty good with those.