Light-O-Rama Forums

light circuit change

chandalen

I have Pixels.

They are on units 1-16 with circuits 1-150 each (50 pixels a string)

Since my controller can control 170 pixels per circuit, I was thinking I could copy the even units over to the odd to have strings of 100 pixels, as each unit would have two strings each, this would free up 8 physical circuits on the controller.

The problem I see having, is re assigning the even units circuit numbers from 1-150 to 151-300.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I am using LOR software Pro edition.

thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Strings now are for a pixle tree.   I was hoping to free up some units to also do arches.

I have a PixiCon16 controller.

Dennis. Yup.

My strings are 50ea now.

I was wondering if there was a way to make them 100 (which I can)

The issue is how can I EASILY change the circuits from string 2 to be 151-300 on string 1.

Example..

String 1. Has pixel 1 to 50 addressed 1 to 150

String 2 has pixed 1 to 50 addressed 1 to 150

THIS takes up 2 plugs on controller.

I want to have string 1 and 2 on plug 1. Opening up plug 2

String 1 would be 100 pixels but doing what string 1 and 2 were doing.  The old string 2 has to be addressed as 151-300.

It's changing the assignments looks like it has to be done manually.

I see how to change controller ID automatically... I would think there was a way for strings as well.

The strings have to be connected together to make on string  so on tree50 pixels go up and 50 pixels go down you have to use a zigzag pattern  either done in controller or in the pixel editor .

Dennis,

Yup, got that part.

The problem is the sequences I have are:

unit 1, string 1 (plug 1 on controller), rgb circuits 1-150

unit 2, string 2 (plug 2 on controller), rgb circuits 1-150

If I want to change it to....

Unit 1 (and 2), string 1 and 2 (plug 1 on controller) rgb circuits 1-300

thus opening up plug 2 on my controller for anything else.

Is there an easy way to reassign rgb circuits, because i can easily reassign unit to to unit 1, but the circuits 1-150 will overlap.  They MUST be 151-300.

if your using the sequence editor just change the second string to unit 1 start channel 151 do the second string on next port the  same unit 2 start channel 151 and so on

Have you poked around in the actual sequence? If you open a sequence in Notepad (or even better Notepad++ or Editpadlite) You may be able to make changes in there using search and replace. I was able to do it for changing Networks around, but I have never tried it for RGB channel renaming.

Here are some older threads that may get the brain juices flowing.

Experiment with a backed up copy of your sequence, then test. One character out of place will cause the sequence not to work.

Not the kind of thing I would want to do on Thanksgiving. ;) Good Luck!

Alan...

Edited by default

• The topic was locked