Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I just turn the lights on?

kcco

Is there a simple way to have the all my lights just on after a show? I end my show at 930 weeknights and 10 on weekends but after the show is over I want all my lights to just stay on. Do i need to build another show with another schedule and just have all the lights set to on to accomplish this? I would also like my lights to just turn on before the show starts. Am i missing something? I have basic plus and 1 controller. Thank you for your help.

You can create another show that includes only an "all-on" sequence... meaning all the lights are just on.  Schedule it to run right after your normal musical show ends for the evening.

Same thing for before the show.

4 hours ago, Don said:

You can create another show that includes only an "all-on" sequence... meaning all the lights are just on.  Schedule it to run right after your normal musical show ends for the evening.

Same thing for before the show.

That's what i thought. I just took the time to learn animation sequences and it works perfect! Thank you very much for your help it is appreciated! 

Welcome.

Another nugget that may help in the future (but maybe not now.) Musical sequences can only go in the MUSICAL tab. Animation sequences can go into BOTH tabs. Also, remember that the Animation and Musical tab plays at the SAME time.

* Information valid for S4 and lower. I've not looked at S5, so no idea what it has in it.

4 hours ago, Don said:

Welcome.

Another nugget that may help in the future (but maybe not now.) Musical sequences can only go in the MUSICAL tab. Animation sequences can go into BOTH tabs. Also, remember that the Animation and Musical tab plays at the SAME time.

* Information valid for S4 and lower. I've not looked at S5, so no idea what it has in it.

#mindblown i almost had the worst show on record start tomorrow haha. Thank you so much!! It all makes so much more sense!!!! I had animation and musical playing at the same time. I have created animation and then set separate shows with that animation for before and after the musical show (with a nice fade out of coarse). And since you dropped the knowledge bomb i have removed animation from the animation tab and left my show as-is! Thank you very much!! 

Welcome.

Where an animation and musical sequence playing at the same time might come in handy is if you have elements of a display that need to move, or change up a bit throughout the night, but not coordinated with the music or anything like that. Also, if your license level doesn't cover Background sequences, you could use the animation tab to power static lights for your Tune To sign, or something similar. 

Looking for a little detailed info on this.  I setup what I thought was an "animation sequence" told it to run at 6pm.  Everything turns on and then cuts off about a minute later.  I am sure I am missing something.  Until this weekend, I am looking to just have the lights turn on at 6pm and off at 10.  No music and so forth..

10 minutes ago, JTFisher said:

Looking for a little detailed info on this.  I setup what I thought was an "animation sequence" told it to run at 6pm.  Everything turns on and then cuts off about a minute later.  I am sure I am missing something.  Until this weekend, I am looking to just have the lights turn on at 6pm and off at 10.  No music and so forth..

Director or Computer?

Show Editor -> Animation Tab -> Insert Sequence
Should be 1 minute (or longer.) Do not use loops, please. (Only adds steps to troubleshooting)
Lights off at end Unchecked (If it's on that screen, always forget, if not dont' worry about it.)

Save Show

Schedule Editor - Schedule show to run for hours.... 

Pull up the status window and then see what errors you get. That menu option has moved a bit, might be just a click on the bulb. If there are errors they will be there.