Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-Mp3 won't recognize that there is a show on SD card

TheatreTechie

I have been tasked with creating a couple new sequences for our city's Christmas Tree. I have written those sequences and want to test them on the tree itself. I have used the Simple Show builder to put them on a SD Card but when I plug the card into the Director it says "Error No Show on SD Card". Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

I would try it again. Sometimes it's little things. I always do a simple reformatting of the card first. Wipe it clean... Also, be sure using a Kingston sd card for best results..

13 hours ago, TheatreTechie said:

I have been tasked with creating a couple new sequences for our city's Christmas Tree. I have written those sequences and want to test them on the tree itself. I have used the Simple Show builder to put them on a SD Card but when I plug the card into the Director it says "Error No Show on SD Card". Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

With only AC controllers you can use (or at least I used PNY cards). With that being said. When I added pixels this year and my pixie controllers for testing I set the mini director up (didn't want to drill a new hole and run new data cables to back yard.

PNY's did not work. After trying everything under the sun I submitted a HD ticket.

LOR recommended I use a Kingston card. I drove 1.5 hours away to nearest Kingston card got home popped it in and instantly had lights.

LOR does not recommend Sandisk as well but I have never read any problems with any other card. Even my PNY's that worked until pixels.

Who would have thought

JR

LOR told me it was the firmware.  I just updated and it is now working.  See my thread for a few issues I had when trying to update firmware. 

13 hours ago, basis21b said:

Thanks for the feedback on the solution.  This adds to the knowledge base so others can be helped in the future.

Kind of is, kind of isn't.
http://forums.lightorama.com/topic/44011-thinking-about-updating-firmware-you-probably-dont-need-to/

I can see where it wouldn't intuitive to see that thread.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Don said:

Kind of is, kind of isn't.
http://forums.lightorama.com/topic/44011-thinking-about-updating-firmware-you-probably-dont-need-to/

I can see where it wouldn't intuitive to see that thread.

Really. 

The OP said "Thank you everyone, this was an issue with the card and some issues with my card writer. " 

I thanked the OP for reporting those facts.  How is a firmware update in any way relevant to what I or the OP said?

• The topic was locked