Light-O-Rama Forums

Dimming Curves/Firmware

CKSedg

Can anyone tell me where I can download dimming curves?  I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Also, something I read said that new curves will not work on pre-G3 controllers, UNLESS you have loaded G3 firmware onto those controllers.  Can that be done?  Where do I find the firmware files to do so?

Thanks!

Craig

The firmare for the controller will depend on what the current firmware is now. If the current firmware is 4.xx then you cannot change it to the G3 firmware.

I don't remeber the exact version but you can find it on the firmware download page.

Edited by Mr. P

Yes, they are all 4.40, 4.30, or 4.32.  I guess that eliminates changing to G3 firmware.  Well, that's the pits!

Thanks for your help!

The reason that you can't use the newer G3 firmware in the old hardware is that the hardware is different.  The old hardware is not capable of using the new firmware.  This is nothing unique to LOR.  The situation exists for almost any hardware that has firmware.  Eventually new features are added that the old hardware simply can't support.  One of the more common reasons is lack of memory.

• The topic was locked