• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• -klb-

• LightORamaJohn

• lesm

Bummer,
I read and read and was hoping to read something about a Servo Card.
Guess for now I'll have to go this route..
http://parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/txtSearch/servo/List/1/catpageindex/2/ProductID/346/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

Thanks for letting us know about the other stuff though

Evan

Evan

I like your idea - i was looking into an EFX-TEK prop2, but I think i may get the parralax and conrtrol it from a cc off of lor

chris

NWSanta wrote:

Bummer,
http://parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/txtSearch/servo/List/1/catpageindex/2/ProductID/346/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

Evan

That is interesting. All the prior posts about the DIO-32 card have indicated servo control. Interesting that this is the first post about it that does not mention servo control as one of the features..

- Kevin

-klb- wrote:

That is interesting. All the prior posts about the DIO-32 card have indicated servo control. Interesting that this is the first post about it that does not mention servo control as one of the features..

- Kevin

Kevin, I went back to the very first post on this thread and re-read all the way. In the very first post at the bottom there is a note that there will be a daughter card for servo control. There are no other posts here that indicate that it has been dropped. Some may be trying to locate an alternative, to be able to plan and program with ample time before Halloween. (IMO)

-Steve

NWSanta wrote:

Bummer,

Evan

Evan,

That is my back-up plan also. Do you plan to use the VSA software with the card? http://www.brookshiresoftware.com/vsa_overview.htm I have read quite a few reviews on this software and from what I have read so far, it definitely seems like the easy way to do and synchronize animatronics.

Hey Denny,

Yah that was the Software I was looking at. My Wife is the one doing Halloween So I wanted something simple yet powerful and I think that's the way to go... I don't mind spending money on software if it's going to do what we want it to do.

-Evan

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Here are the products to be delivered in August & September:

Edit: Forgot to mention that the DIO32 has headers on it allowing 16 servos to be controlled by two of the 8-channel ports.

Hmm, I must have missed this. I would love to test this out to see how it works!!!!
Hell I don't even mind being a beta tester for this one!
Cheers
Evan

Evan,

If the software is as good as all the reviews and users say, I think $60 is a bargain price. Can't be too difficult to use, this guy ( http://animatronicsworkshop.com/Backstage.html ) teaches animatronics to 6th, 7th, & 8th graders. The kids do it all from building the figures to programming them with VSA. I found an inexpensive place for servos, starting from $6.00 (http://store.polkshobby.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=takestock/search.html?ItemNum=&ProdLine=Any&ItemDescript=servo&MultiSearch=++Search++&conum=002&HideFld2=Any%3BAny%3BAny%3BAny%3B%3B%3B

I have dealt with them before with G-Gauge trains (Aristocraft). They have a company philosophy like LOR and bend over backwards for the customer. All I need now is the board. I am not doing a Halloween show, but once I get Christmas up and running this year, I want to get into animatronics experimentation hot and heavy. Already have enough lights and channels, I been wanting to get into the animatronics for a couple years now. Have been waiting for the anticipated LOR board for a while now. If it's not out by the end of the year, I will go with the Parallax board as it has really good recommendations on several sites also. Just need to figure out how to trigger the animatronics programming with LOR.

OOOOoo that Bucky kit is cool!

I'm pretty sure that's what my Wife wants to do. I think that we may go with a seperate system as she wants the skulls to be doing something different than the Singing Pumkins that LOR is running.

If we used LOR For everything we'd have to have 2 laptops running LOR with 2 USB Controllers. Oh well, she's already commented that we don't have time to do it this year so we'll pace ourselves and see what happens for next year.

Cheers
Evan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LightORamaJohn wrote:

Here are the products to be delivered in August & September:

4) 9 channel fountain controller. Controls up to 3 PMSM pumps and 6 channels of LED lighting. Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor pumps are the type most commonly used in fountains and ponds. Both pumps and lights controlled from barely on to full power. LOR plans to offer both submersible pumps and submersible LED lighting.

I am very excited to see the the announcement of a fountain controller! Why did you say LED channels? Are these channels specifically designed to control high power super bright LEDs such as the LUXEON Star or K2? (I hope)

I'm planning a fountain for this year's display and am wondering about the capabilities of this card and (of course) availability.

A littile more info please - please- please?

Theron

Dan...any update at all on these new products?

I know post-LOR 2 you are cautious about giving out dates, and I can understand this, but are we going to see any of these things this year?

Ponddude wrote:

Dan...any update at all on these new products?

I know post-LOR 2 you are cautious about giving out dates, and I can understand this, but are we going to see any of these things this year?

+1 and the firmware/feature update?