• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• -klb-

• LightORamaJohn

• lesm

DanCampbell wrote:

Let's hope it really isn't the next 2/29. :(

I probably missed it, but has there been any word on the price of the DIO32?

I think I heard him say it wil be less than $10,000.

Jeff Millard wrote:

My guess is that it will be the same as the iDMX. I have no basis in fact for my guess. It's plain and simple guessing...

I hope I didn't just cause them to add $100 to the price they were originally going to use...

Jeff
We'll see, I guess.

Right now I'm thinking that one of the pci dio cards and homemade ssr's may be the way to add a mess of inexpensive on/off channels. I don't see us using DMX in the next couple of years.

I'm dreaming, of a Grinch plugin for S2...

I am really interested in knowing how it will work in the SE so I can begin working on my mouth movements for my snowman. At least I can have a rough sequence ready for when the board does come out. In the preliminary version of the manual there is nothing listed about how to do the work within the SE.

Do you think it might be movement based on a percentage? I don't know if you have worked with VSA but if I remember right you put in like the degree of movement. It could be either one, but I bet it is movement by percentage. But maybe not, I just hope it is released by the time the sale gets here.:cool: That should give most people enough time to synchronize some stuff for Christmas, and I will even use it for Halloween.

Well I figure it will work just like the Servos on the CTB-08D, so I am guessing 0 is all the way one direction, 50 is center and 100 is all the way in the other direction. I just want to see how the controller shows up in the SE as well.

Because this is a Digital I/O board does that mean the servos I should buy are digital? I know there are analog and digital servos, so I am guessing the digital ones are the ones I want.

Ponddude wrote:

Because this is a Digital I/O board does that mean the servos I should buy are digital? I know there are analog and digital servos, so I am guessing the digital ones are the ones I want.

Actually, the "analog" servos are controlled by PWM.. The signal is fully on/off. Just the width of the signal is what is "analog" and the digital IO can generate that easily. As far as I know, the digital servos all use proprietary protocols, and are not compatible with each other... So, I believe the DIO card uses standard analog servos.

As for how it shows up in the sequence editor, according to the preliminary manual, there is a jumper to select two different options. One is legacy mode, where it shows up as two adjacent 16 channel controllers.. The other is, I believe, advanced mode, where it shows up as a single 32 channel controller, but this will not work until a version of S2 is released with support for higher channel count controllers..

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me what the big deal around DIO32 is?

Will this be a cheaper way to add channels than through traditional 16ch LOR controllers?

What are the Pros and Cons of the DIO32?

Does this card enable a more distributed controller design, like the Renard64 ?
It sounds that way to me, since I've heard it can use external SSR(s).

I'm not really interested in the input aspects, but more wondering if the DIO32 is an alternative to the traditional controller design that LOR has been using.

Thanks,
Scott

The big thing a lot of people are really wanting is the ability to drive a large number of servos, instead of just two on a CTB08D...

But it does also have a range of output options, like relays, and high current triacs, which will allow it to compete with AL on some high power projects. If you have a 60 foot artificial tree with C9 lights on it, the lower panels can take a lot of power...

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna start poking a dead horse...yet again.

Any ideas on the release date on these cards yet? I don't even care about a sale now, I just need the board. I have started on my servo controlled, animated snowman, and I really need to control the servos...lol

I also am now very interested in using the digital inputs as well, which will make my life a lot easier for my security proposes.

I know a few months ago the cards were manufactured and testing was going on, but again, that was a few months ago.

Any update would be really nice and certainly appreciated.

I know the new 9 channel fountian controller is not released but I was wondering if there are any preliminary specifications available?

I've built a laminar fountain and want to begin designing the internal LED lighting using the Luxeon® Rebel RGB LEDs, but I don't know if the new board will support individual low voltage LEDs or just commercial 110v units.?.?

It's good to announce new products early to keep the market from going to alternative choices, but we need an additional teaser every now and again.

Thanks for all you're doing to support our crazy hobbies.

Theron

Theron Schaefermeyer wrote:

I know the new 9 channel fountian controller is not released but I was wondering if there are any preliminary specifications available?

I am so sorry for the production delay of this device. The hardware has been in use and working very well for over a year. The Chinese production process has been excruciatingly slow. Here is a brochure I wrote for the device:

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/MLC-100.pdf

LightORamaJohn wrote:

I am so sorry for the production delay of this device. The hardware has been in use and working very well for over a year. The Chinese production process has been excruciatingly slow. Here is a brochure I wrote for the device:

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/MLC-100.pdf
Extremely cool, Here comes 4th of July display.
Thanks for the info