Light-O-Rama Forums

Previewing PE Props in my SE Playback

jroot

I'd like to be able to see my entire show in SE with both standard lights and RGB CCRs. Sounds like the Visualizer makes this possible. I've reviewed the Visualizer tutorial for S4 and I don't find it very helpful. Yes, I can set up a test animation and see the test prop run, but this does not make it clear how I can see my full show using an <existing> sequence. For example, I have a sequence saved with standard lights and CCRs added. I'm looking for steps on how I can see the CCRs and my standard lighting together?

Every prop you want to see in the visuiizer must be added in the visuiizer as a prop first . You can also watch all your props in the pixel editor and a little easier to setup.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, but that's where I'm confused. If you mean the Visualizer program, I'm not sure how to add an existing sequence to that. When I go to open, none of my sequences are available, just the sample and test props. If you mean the View Animation tool in SE, I can't see the CCR props (but I can add and see floods). If PE is easier, are you saying I can add an existing sequence to that so I can then see my CCR tree plus my standard units?

Yes, do you have your props setup in the visualizer like the ccr tree, in either the visualizer or pe you have to create the prop first with your channel numbers and universe numbers 

Edited by Dennis Laff

Yes, I have my CCR tree added as a prop. I have already added effects for it and saved it to an existing sequence. I see the CCR tree in that sequence in the SE as a "track." But I don't know how to view the CCR tree in the view window of the SE, OR add my existing sequence to the PE. At this point I don't really care where or how I see it all, I'd just like to see that the timings are how I wanted. Know what I mean?

Apparently not enough. But yes, that's where I created the CCR tree prop, added effects, and saved to my existing sequence as PE Props. So I know the CCR tree is added. But I'd like to see how all the lights function together in a playback mode on my laptop. Hope that makes sense.

So if you sequence a prop in the pixel editor in the prop preview you select sequenced in pixel editor and it will show up when you play song in pe  now the props that you sequenced in SE and you want to see them in the pixel editor you select sequenced in SE  and they will show up in the pixel editor when song is played.                                              

Edited by Dennis Laff

OK, I think I follow now. Looks like I'll need to create a new prop for all of my "standard" unit lights at least one time, but then I'll have full viewing, correct? I managed to test a couple and it worked. So unliess there's a simple way to import them, I'll just do that. Thanks for the help.

Thanks again. I did see in the tutorial that a preview with props needed to be created (for each season/year), but because most of  the instruction seemed geared toward an initial setup I assumed/hoped that an existing view could be pulled in. Oh wall, shouldn't take too long to recreate and the visual in PE is better anyway.

• The topic was locked