Light-O-Rama Forums
notredameforlife

HELP please, will pay

I am using holidaycoro boxes,  before I open sequence editor or any program this pops up, I have Ethernet cord plugged into my computer running into my holidaycoro boxes, I have already pinged both boxes and they work, 

That error is from not having the LOR USB adapter hooked up to your computer when trying to run a show.  If you don't need it hooked up go into the HU and select comm port as NONE or just run the sequence from SE and then it won't look for the USB adapter.

So I have tried to do that and it still shows this error, sequence editor is still orange on bottom left and my lights wont connect to my sequence. I also have one lightorama box and tried to connect a hdmi jack into sr485 and then block Ethernet to that to holidaycoro box. it never would connect to my lightorma box but that is another issue I am not worried about this year

21 minutes ago, notredameforlife said:

image.png.d8593d27819a029be8cb43a7573f9cd7.png

Click on the Auto Configure and let the program find the correct port. Mine is Comm 4.

Try going straight into one of the controllers and eliminate the router for now.  Also do you have you network preferences set correctly...IP addresses and correct universes in both LOR and your controller configuration?

I eliminated the router and tried both boxes separately and neither worked, the box at bottom right was red.   I believe my ip addresses and universes are correct. I saved my sequences that I had from last year on a flash drive. I got a new computer because my last computer crashed so that's the only thing I got different. 

7 minutes ago, notredameforlife said:

yes I tested both controllers in test mode and they worked. 

Did you put the IP address's in lor network preferances for the Holiday Coro Controllers and universe numbers

woohoooo thanks a lot,  I got one box to work so far but for some reason only one light string is working out of 16, when I tested the box all of the lights work.   the other box isn't working still but will troubleshoot more. 

Thanks dennis, yes sir I got both boxes working,   now I have my 16ccr tree, my arches and just got to program my house to match these. I ordered a prebuild box from lightorama and plan on putting the ribbons on my roof to brighten up the neighborhood.    I planed on using my lightorama boxes to use my old Christmas lights and put them all over the ground and have the dumb lights communicate with the new lights but if I cant get the lightorama box to work I will just have all the lights stay on, I can get my lightorma box to work on hardware utility but when I try to play my songs using lightorama boxes it wont work with the holidaycoro boxes. it works by itself but wont work with holiday coro.    I thought you can have a Ethernet plugged into router to control holiday coro boxes and have a hdmi plugged to sr485 that goes to holidaycoro boxes at same time.                                    Thanks again, I live in Louisiana and a friends house burned down without insurance. for the past 3 months I been working a full time job at oil refinery and after work I been going 3 to 4 hours a day helping rebuild his house so this is why I am behind on my lights. thanksssss allllll             

Good stuff!  I love seeing members help each other out and that what this passionate hobby is all about.  Well done Dennis Laff.