Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP please, will pay

notredameforlife

Thanks dennis, yes sir I got both boxes working,   now I have my 16ccr tree, my arches and just got to program my house to match these. I ordered a prebuild box from lightorama and plan on putting the ribbons on my roof to brighten up the neighborhood.    I planed on using my lightorama boxes to use my old Christmas lights and put them all over the ground and have the dumb lights communicate with the new lights but if I cant get the lightorama box to work I will just have all the lights stay on, I can get my lightorma box to work on hardware utility but when I try to play my songs using lightorama boxes it wont work with the holidaycoro boxes. it works by itself but wont work with holiday coro.    I thought you can have a Ethernet plugged into router to control holiday coro boxes and have a hdmi plugged to sr485 that goes to holidaycoro boxes at same time.                                    Thanks again, I live in Louisiana and a friends house burned down without insurance. for the past 3 months I been working a full time job at oil refinery and after work I been going 3 to 4 hours a day helping rebuild his house so this is why I am behind on my lights. thanksssss allllll             

Thanks, I was really having a nervous breakdown. lol   I finally figured how to control my holidaycoro boxes woohooo, .image.png.d182e8fab7b33b90869459049808dbf1.pngimage.png.8e571206fcbc1059c49d3d1894fa753f.png       

The only thing I am confused is my lightorama box. I am using com4 as my network. on sequence editor what do I put in here so my computer can communicate with my box. I understand with holidaycoro boxes you use the universes and then put the boxes i.p address related to the universes. I am confused on using lightorama. I have a 16 output holidaycoro box for my dumb lights but  how do I program circuits 1 through 11 on sequence editor.   Thanks a lot everyone

You have to add a device to sequence    open sequence  right click on last channel  select insert device below   select lor / ctb-16 channel or whatever one you have add unit ID and network and click  OK   you should see all new channels added to sequence.

I understand how to do that in sequence editor and add new device, in the last picture I uploaded the top picture,  I am confused on what do I put for unit id and circuit id,  since the com is 4     is the unit id 4.   circuit id would be  4-1    4-2, all the way through 4-16? 

Untitled.png

I want to use my lightorama box to control my c9, icicle lights,   leds ,   The reason I believe I cant control my lightorama box is because when I am programming the songs I am using the lights set up wrong on sequence editor. I can connect my box with com 4 but I don't know what to put for unit id or circuit id. 

On 11/22/2017 at 4:57 PM, notredameforlife said:

I understand how to do that in sequence editor and add new device, in the last picture I uploaded the top picture,  I am confused on what do I put for unit id and circuit id,  since the com is 4     is the unit id 4.   circuit id would be  4-1    4-2, all the way through 4-16?

No, you have COM 4 configured as the "Regular" network, so that's why you have "Network" set to "Regular". Each LOR box has its own unit ID, which is either set with switches, or programmed. You typically start with unit 1. Circuit should be 1 through 16.

Wow I am a complete tool. My holidaycoro boxes are one plug and I didn't see the other lightorama power cord lol. Thanks everyone . Did everyone else have this many issues starting out lol. This is my second year and I believe I did to much to fast. 3 holidaycoro boxes, one lightorama box. sighs. thanks again

6 minutes ago, notredameforlife said:

..... Did everyone else have this many issues starting out lol.....

Nope. Just you. We all started flawless and every time since. ?

Glad you’re up and running. 

(Boomer Sooner baby...)

• The topic was locked