Light-O-Rama Forums

Will Gen3 MP3 Director use Day of Week schedule?

keyboards

I've done forum searches and read the docs , but still couldn't find a definitive answer on this....or my pea-sized brain missed it somewhere.

I've got (11) Gen3 LOR1602 controllers being driven by a LOR1602G3 MP3 director.  The shows start at 4:30 with a background display only and then at 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9PM, 2 alternating 10-song shows play with a filler sequence until the following hour.  At 10PM the tree turns itself off.  Everything plays just fine and everyone is happy.

The owners have now requested that on Thanksgiving day only (this coming Thursday), they want the shows to continue past the 9PM show until 1AM on Friday morning.

My question is...will the MP3 Show Director pay attention to the HWU generated Show schedule for Day of week?  Will executing the "Set to PC's Time" command also set the proper day of the week so it will execute on Thursday's schedule only?

The reason I ask is the only other way I can see this happening is to create another SD card with the programming for Thursday only, driving up to the mall (where the tree installation is), climbing inside the tree and swapping out the cards on Thursday morning, and then repeating the procedure on Friday morning.

You will have to use the HU to write a new show with the Thursday time change. Then change back before the next Thursday's show to regular time. Could set up different start and end times for each day of the week if wanted. I have two cards written. One plays 5:30pm to midnight daily and the other loops continuously when powered. (may use if we have bad weather.) 

Thanks for the replies!  Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly though...

How does the MP3 Director know which day it is?

I have (2) 10-sequence shows that alternate...e.g.; Show 1 plays at 5PM, 7PM, & 9PM currently.  Show 2 plays at 6PM & 8PM.

On Thursday ONLY, I need the MP3 Director to play Show 1 at 5PM, 7PM, 9PM, & 11PM and play Show 2 at 6PM, 8PM, 10PM, & 12PM.  This part is easy.  I can schedule the show times easily enough to run only on Thursday.

I need to know how to set the MP3 Director so that it knows that it's Thursday.  Setting the time is easy from the front panel or from the HWU panel.  But does the MP3 Director know what the day of the week is when you set it?

You set the day on the director the same way you set the clock. Press the mode button until "day" shows up then you press select, then set the current day.

22 minutes ago, HVACR said:

The manual says it has a real time clock on board just like your desk top. Also has a 10 year backup battery to hold time.

It has a time clock but I think it only tracks time and day of the week not date.

44 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You set the day on the director the same way you set the clock. Press the mode button until "day" shows up then you press select, then set the current day.

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

It has a time clock but I think it only tracks time and day of the week not date.

Thanks for the replies!!  Yeah, I missed it completely on page 15&16 of the manual...which is yet another reminder to RTFM.  The top of the Director shows 'ctrL' to set LOR1602 parameters, so I missed the 'spcL' entry to get to the Day set.

Time and day is all I needed.  I can hit the mall anytime before this Thursday and swap the SD cards out.  I won't have to abandon the wife in mid-Thanksgiving preparations, thus making my life more palatable...

Yet another 'DOH!!' event in my life....

Thanks again everyone!!