Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie8d Mega Tree question

Todd Ramsfield

So I jumped head first into doing a light show this year. I've bought a light o rama show director, a Pixie8d Mega tree, and an alpha pix16 controller. But after playing around with the software for a while I've decided I like the Xlights software more. No offense to Light o Rama just a personal preference. But does anyone know how to get the Pixie8 mega tree to work over E1.31 network or even DMX for that matter? The directions that came with the Pixie8 only says it works in the enhanced LoR network Just trying to see if anyone has had any luck getting this to work on the E1.31 network? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been able to get the Light O Rama show director to work on DMX through my Alpha Pix controller just not sure on the Pixie8 at this point. Thanks in advance!

I suspect that LOR knows their controllers better than anyone else does.  If they say the Pixies only work in a LOR network, I think you should believe them.

Edited by George Simmons

Page 17 of Pixie manual.

I think if you have v2 controller you can run DMX. Dip switch settings. But you need to read because I use LOR network.

For being “new” though you sure did figure out you liked xlights more.

i couldn’t even get past the setup screen in xlights before I gave up.

JR

I played around with both programs for about a week and between the 2 I had made more progress in Xlights and had an understanding of what I was doing. I'll look further in the manual and see if I overlooked something to try and get this all worked out on my end. Thank you for the info!