Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Hard drive crashed and show scheduled for 11/23/2017

mstphilip

Hi everyone, I am a 7 year user of LOR and on November 18, 2017 my hard drive crashed and ALL my sequencing was lost.

I am running 3 - 16 channel 1603 controllers and a pixcon16 and almost out of time

Any sequences would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Thank you for helping a desperate man

phippsr@bellsouth.net

Edited by mstphilip
missingn date

Oh man that that has got to be a terrible feeling.   Sorry that happened to you.  

You did not ask for a particular song which you have used in the past so I suggest looking at the catalog of what is available here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6gSkzp9OlvuTnNEZklkckRtZzg

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen here. I just got another computer, loaded LOR onto it and then copied my backup files to it. Up and running in about 3 hours. Always, always have backups. I have 3 copies on 3 different zip drives. A harddrive will fail and you never know when it's going to happen.

Edited by DougP
  • Like 1

It amazes me - it's almost like a conspiracy.  Every single year this happens to someone a few days before first light.  :(

• Like 1

I agree with George. Gremlins I suspect. I can not stress this point enough. BACK UP YOUR FILES.

Just think after all of the hours you spent creating your sequences why would you not protect them???

External hard drive Flash drive In the cloud. I feel for you.

7 hours ago, Don said:

And for those who need an offsite backup solution, send me a message. I'll get you a link to one of the programs I use.

The first time I skimmed over that my eyes saw offshore, not offsite.  I started wondering why a decorator would need an offshore account to store their sequences?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George Simmons said:

The first time I skimmed over that my eyes saw offshore, not offsite.  I started wondering why a decorator would need an offshore account to store their sequences?

Maybe they're one of those 1% types and they're just use to storing their money offshore so why not their sequences.  Sequences are very valuable if they're good and I heard the new tax plan that is in the news lately will eliminate the deduction for self made sequences.  This fake news stuff is kinda cool. ;)

Edited by B.Y.R.G.
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, mstphilip said:

Hi everyone, I am a 7 year user of LOR and on November 18, 2017 my hard drive crashed and ALL my sequencing was lost.

I am running 3 - 16 channel 1603 controllers and a pixcon16 and almost out of time

Any sequences would be GREATLY Appreciated.

Thank you for helping a desperate man

phippsr@bellsouth.net

I use almost the exact same hardware. I will be happy to share all of my songs with you from this years show (will have the pixcon16 in them) and songs from previous years which do not have the pixcon. Give me a couple of hours and i'll email them to you.

Dan

What do you need? 16 ccr or 4 faces and what kind off songs do you need?

is it possible to make a wishlist?

greetz, Mark

7 years experience,,,you should no  better than to not backup.  

From similar past thread, seems like one option is to follow-up with some type of IT support person to see if there is a chance to recover files form the old harddrive. 

If not, might be best to zero in on a handful of sequences you would like and  with a shotgun request  for anything. 

I've got a pretty good inventory of "shared" sequences but only send files based on specific song request. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who responded with sequences and tips.

After a double blow with this years light show (hard drive & flash drive fried by lightning strike and Injury from ladder fall) its finally up and running

Once again I greatly appreciate ALL the sequence offers and tips.

My display consist of my house which is outlined (2 roof peaks, 3 windows, front door, 2 garage doors, wreath, arch and 4 small trees( using holiday coro brilliant bulbs along with 3 - 16 channel controllers for yard accents)

Thanks to ALL

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year

Michael S