Light-O-Rama Forums

George's Face Lives On.... Oh Yeah!

Mega Arch

Sorry guys - I missed a whole bunch of posts in this thread.

On 11/21/2017 at 6:45 AM, caniac said:

If there is room in the club for two smurfs then  my wife and I want to take the count to three.  Don't have a big house to put the face on but what I can put together for next year is a 20ft galvanized pipe frame (I have the bases to keep that upright).  From there the possibilities are endless!! :)

I think part of what makes the face so prominent, or maybe noticeable is a better word, is that there's nothing that can be seen behind it or even in the same field of vision.  So there's no visual distraction or anything to dilute the effect.  Daniel is cutting it a bit close with the roof peak immediately to the right, but he's still okay.  Not by much though.  Correct me if I'm mistaking what you describe, but it sounds like you're talking about using it out in the open.  I'm not sure that's a good idea unless there's total darkness behind it - no house lights, no car lights, no anything.

On 11/21/2017 at 6:56 AM, Mega Arch said:

20ft? That would do it Chet. 

I patterned mine 90% from George’s house. I made three 3ft x 9ft PVC frames. Covered with chicken wire. 1000 tie wraps. Bamm....

The size sounds fine.  I've never measured mine but I'm sure it's no more than 20' in any direction.  I also used chicken wire on parts of it.  But that was back when I was young and dumb.  I hate chicken wire.  I hate everything about it and would never do it that way again.  If/when I do some refurbishing, I'll be looking for some vinyl mesh/grid stuff.  Maybe something similar to what's available for billboards, er, I mean matrices.  I think it was Boscoyo I saw that had some.  If not, they know where to get it.

• 11 months later...
13 minutes ago, Speedster said:

That's awesome, gotta love that face!  Would love to see a closeup daytime pic of it to see how you did it.

Thanks.

As the post suggests - I completely patterned the face after Master George's house face.

Well, except for the face outline...

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 9:04 PM, Mega Arch said:

Thanks.

As the post suggests - I completely patterned the face after Master George's house face.

Well, except for the face outline...

George is timeless, this never gets old.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked