Light-O-Rama Forums

George's Face Lives On.... Oh Yeah!

Mega Arch

We all know George is dark this year. And as sad as that is - at least his Face lives on! A better quality video later as this was with just my iPhone. But I just had to get it up and share the video now though. If you want a copy of the sequence, you can purchase a copy here: http://www.clearwaterlights.org/. Enjoy.....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

We all know George is dark this year. And as sad as that is - at least his Face lives on! A better quality video later as this was with just my iPhone. But I just had to get it up and share the video now though. If you want a copy of the sequence, you can purchase a copy here: http://www.clearwaterlights.org/. Enjoy.....

All Hail King George!!! :) 

• Haha 1

Thanks guys!  Almost makes me blush.

Nice to see Daniel adding to and carrying on the house face tradition.  And a fine face it is.

Singing (faces, trees, etc) are so common these days they've become generic.  Pixel trees, billboards, singing stuff - seems like almost everyone has some. 

But house faces?  I only know of two in existence.  Welcome to the cool side of the tracks Daniel.  It's a lot less crowded over here.

Merry Thanksgiving!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

Nice to see Daniel adding to and carrying on the house face tradition.  And a fine face it is.

Singing (faces, trees, etc) are so common these days they've become generic.  Pixel trees, billboards, singing stuff - seems like almost everyone has some. 

But house faces?  I only know of two in existence.  Welcome to the cool side of the tracks Daniel.  It's a lot less crowded over here.

Merry Thanksgiving!

and Happy Festivus!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Merry Thanksgiving!

It’s kinda lonely being cool. But I’ll get used to it......

• Like 1

Wife just text me that one of my nieces told her my house was posted by a volleyball friend of hers on SNAPCHAT. Whatever that is.

Learning to be cool must be a slow process. 

7 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

It’s kinda lonely being cool. But I’ll get used to it......

It doesn't take long.  Now that you've stepped out of the dust of the thundering herd you'll hear lots of people use that word to describe your house face.

3 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

Learning to be cool must be a slow process. 

The first thing you have to learn is that there's really not much to learn.  All of a sudden one day you'll just realize you're there.  Fear not - the face shall lead you to the promised land.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Haha 1

If there is room in the club for two smurfs then  my wife and I want to take the count to three.  Don't have a big house to put the face on but what I can put together for next year is a 20ft galvanized pipe frame (I have the bases to keep that upright).  From there the possibilities are endless!! :)

47 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

That's awesome Daniel!!! What a great job on the whole display as well!!!

Thanks Tom. As we talked this weekend, about 90-95% done. Still have the front live trees to hang my big balls in. Have a few good sequences that wouldn’t load to my SD card. Will have to convert audio and run it through audacity a few times. 

Funny that they play great in SE, but won’t in the miniDirector. You’d think I could remember from last time.....

2 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Thanks Tom. As we talked this weekend, about 90-95% done. Still have the front live trees to hang my big balls in. Have a few good sequences that wouldn’t load to my SD card. Will have to convert audio and run it through audacity a few times. 

Funny that they play great in SE, but won’t in the miniDirector. You’d think I could remember from last time.....

ok, there you go bragging again!! lol

6 minutes ago, caniac said:

If there is room in the club for two smurfs then  my wife and I want to take the count to three.  Don't have a big house to put the face on but what I can put together for next year is a 20ft galvanized pipe frame (I have the bases to keep that upright).  From there the possibilities are endless!! :)

20ft? That would do it Chet. 

I patterned mine 90% from George’s house. I made three 3ft x 9ft PVC frames. Covered with chicken wire. 1000 tie wraps. Bamm....

3 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

20ft? That would do it Chet. 

I patterned mine 90% from George’s house. I made three 3ft x 9ft PVC frames. Covered with chicken wire. 1000 tie wraps. Bamm....

I will do something similar but where I will have it mounted it will need to be galvanized pipe.

35 minutes ago, NWSanta said:

Always thought the Face was a cool idea. Way to use a dark space of your house! Love it!!

Thanks. I’m glad I did it George’ way too. Anything else wouldn’t have filled it up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:57 AM, George Simmons said:

.....Welcome to the cool side of the tracks Daniel..... Fear not - the face shall lead you to the promised land.....

OK. Cool is good - but it creates much more work for me..... 

I didn't originally sequence the house face into every song I use - BIG MISTAKE! (And I now refer to the face as "George". You know, "George" is looking over my show...) Anyway, I thought it would build show anticipation for George to not appear in every song. Way too many people are asking if he quit working, they drive off &/or ask why they only saw him ____, blah, blah... Kinda like the lighters that want all static for a bit - cars drive off - they came to see the blinking... They can see George from the main street a block over. Then they drive into our neighborhood and by the time they get here - the show is now on a song that George is sleeping through. So does my audience - or they just leave....

So now I'm spending some time to go back and at least have George make an cameo appearance in each song. "George" has taken over my show for sure. 

AND I LIKE IT!! :lol:

• Like 3

I distinctly remember mentioning to you that having a house face is both a blessing and a curse.  You thought I was kidding or maybe over-exaggerating, didn't you?  <_<

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, George Simmons said:

I distinctly remember mentioning to you that having a house face is both a blessing and a curse.  You thought I was kidding or maybe over-exaggerating, didn't you?  <_<

To think Master George might have been kidding? Seriously? Never kids around. Always so serious.

I just didn't listen....