Light-O-Rama Forums

HU not recognizing CCB units

JSelph

I have 3 CCB units and 2 CCP units that I have been using for the past three years.  For some reason the Hardware Utility is not seeing 2 of the CCB units, but sees the other one as well as the 2 CCP units.  I have confirmed that they are getting power (green LED is flashing normally) and I have made sure the HU is set to as many units as possible.  I also did a controller reset and still no luck.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, JSelph said:

I have confirmed that they are getting power (green LED is flashing normally)

I assume you mean pixel one for the first minute after bootup or the status LED inside the box.  That tells me there is no network connection.  If the Hardware Utility is running on that network, the status LED should be solid green, not flashing.  Check your network connections.

Thanks Bob and Jim.  The network connection is good.  For testing, I am using the same Cat 5 cable to connect to each box one at a time in the HU.  I hit refresh, it finds the box I connected, and I test the lights to make sure everything is okay before hooking it up outdoors.  But for some strange reason, it does not see either of those two boxes when I plug them in and hit refresh.  I've checked to make sure the Cat 5 is seated correctly.  I've even tried it in both network jacks and no luck.

Edited by JSelph

Do these units have dip switches? Sorry I do have a couple but have never opened them.

Also are they sharing the same unit ID's as the others?

While assisting others with the pixies I discovered the new v2 pixie16's have dip switches. From factory dip switch #8 is on thus assigning the unit ID #1. If connected in HU with any units sharing the unit ID 1 then HU does not find the pixie and even if the user sets the new unit ID and gets the unit ID set message that unit ID reverts back to 1 in the refresh or if you attempt to configure it in the chanel config.

I spent an hour assisting someone with a version 2 pixie 16 before he asked about the "dip switch". I did not know the pixie revision had dip switches. Problem solved as soon as he said it and I went to documentation.

Just a sugguestion since I have not used or familiar with the CCP or CCB'.

JR

Ok very good.   Sorry, I presumed you had them daisy chained.   One at a time is best as you are doing. The light should change to "solid on" a second after you plug it in.   If it goes solid, but HWU doesnt find it, then it is assigned a number outside the range you are looking.  If indicator is still blinking, no range will find it. 

I suggest you get a good light and magnifier and look into the jacks and make sure the wires are not bent/crossed/broken/dirty.   If you find bent wires inside jack you can adjust them with a very small screwdriver.   

Edited by ItsMeBobO

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

If you find bent wires inside jack you can adjust them with a very small screwdriver.   

Or try the other jack if you can't fix it with a small probe.

Thanks again for your assistance.  I was able to fix one of the controllers thanks to your suggestions.  There was a broken pin in the waterproof dongle, so it has been replaced and tested.  The other one obviously has a deeper issue and I have opened a ticket at LOR.  Thankfully I have a backup controller for those CCB's.

• The topic was locked