Light-O-Rama Forums

lor board

sysco

the second internet plug on the lor board is not working  can not daisy chain it is board number  3 out of nine  can I just put this number 3 board at the end of the line will it make any difference in the show and how it works

2 minutes ago, sysco said:

the second internet plug on the lor board is not working  can not daisy chain it is board number  3 out of nine  can I just put this number 3 board at the end of the line will it make any difference in the show and how it works

Controllers do not have to go numerically, you can put them in any order you want.

45 minutes ago, sysco said:

It is a RJ45 (CAT 5 uses RJ45 with specific pins  used depending on the Network TYPE.)  if you are using a RS485 adapter, it is a LOR network and the daisy chain can be in any order.

some controllers allow e1.31 mode, then it is a (ethernet) network jack  AND can not be daisy  chained

1 hour ago, sysco said:

the second internet plug on the lor board

Not trying to be picky, but please get out of the habit of calling that an "internet" plug.  It has nothing to do with the internet.  As TheDucks said, it's a RJ-45 jack that is carrying a data signal that is using the RS-485 electrical standard with LOR (or optionally DMX) protocol data.  Although it is the same connector as is generally used for Ethernet (which is what the internet runs on), it is not at all compatible, and in fact mixing Ethernet and the RS-485 used for LOR networking can result in letting the magic blue smoke out of one piece of equipment or the other.  To make it worse, with more people using E1.31 which IS carried over Ethernet, it is important not to confuse the two. 

Thank  you all for your reply and yes my mistake in calling it an internet plug  should have been rj45 jack   once again thank you

• The topic was locked