Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO Package on SD Card

tvweather62

33 minutes ago, tvweather62 said:

Yup....they don't transfer...they show up in files.  I put them in audio and sequence files..but when tried to use show builder...they weren't there.  All the others I downloaded worked fine.

So...I'll try our other option tomorrow.  Afraid to do it on the computer I just did all that work on.....would hate to see it go away.  :)

Before trying that, you might want to submit a Help Desk ticket to see what they suggest.  You'd have to wait until Monday to get an answer though.

17 hours ago, Speedster said:

Before trying that, you might want to submit a Help Desk ticket to see what they suggest.  You'd have to wait until Monday to get an answer though.

So...When I try to execute that file as an administrator or just open it it gives me an error. 

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20171118-191306.jpg

I got that error msg too a few months ago when trying to run the .exe file on the SD card, so I'm assuming you're also running a 64-bit Windows 10 pc.  That file was missing from my C:\Windows\SysWOW64  folder.  Not sure why it was missing, and I wasn't having problems with anything in the 2 years I've had the computer.

To make that error go away, I think I just found that file on a different computer, copied it to a flash drive, and then copied it to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder on the computer that I was trying to run the .exe file.  Hopefully you have a computer that has that file.  Look in that folder that I mentioned.

Someone on youtube has a video on how to fix that error if you're unable to find a computer with that file. 

Edited by Speedster

22 hours ago, Speedster said:

I got that error msg too a few months ago when trying to run the .exe file on the SD card, so I'm assuming you're also running a 64-bit Windows 10 pc.  That file was missing from my C:\Windows\SysWOW64  folder.  Not sure why it was missing, and I wasn't having problems with anything in the 2 years I've had the computer.

To make that error go away, I think I just found that file on a different computer, copied it to a flash drive, and then copied it to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder on the computer that I was trying to run the .exe file.  Hopefully you have a computer that has that file.  Look in that folder that I mentioned.

Someone on youtube has a video on how to fix that error if you're unable to find a computer with that file. 

So this will crack you up. After trying 3 computers and getting the same error, I just got sick of it and popped in the SD card into the computer with the licensed software.  What happened?  It immediately downloaded the TSO package to my files and now can be transferred to my own SD card.  Comical

LOL!  :lol:  LOR developers must've known your situation could happen, so they programmed their software accordingly!  Glad everything worked out for you!  :) 

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2017 at 9:51 PM, Speedster said:

LOL!  :lol:  LOR developers must've known your situation could happen, so they programmed their software accordingly!  Glad everything worked out for you!  :) 

So, how did your season go?  When did you get the discount on the controllers?  I think I will add one more to my display for next year.

Happy New Year!

On 1/10/2018 at 4:32 PM, tvweather62 said:

So, how did your season go?  When did you get the discount on the controllers?  I think I will add one more to my display for next year.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you too!  Other than the GFCI breaker tripping a few times during a light rain on the 3rd night, everything ran flawlessly.  I was so stoked that everything ran so much more smoothly than I thought they would.

Opening night was 11/23 (Thanksgiving) and Sat Jan 6 was the last night.  If my math is right, that's 42 days.  It was a LOT of work to set everything up, but because of the results, I can't complain.  It took me over 8 hrs to take everything down and store everything lol.  I think I spent over 3.5 hrs disconnecting cords & plugs, and rolling up extension cords!  I "only" had 48 channels.....I can't imagine how long the tear down & storage takes for people who have hundreds of channels!   Now that we're dark, our house & yard look sad, dull, boring, and lifeless lol.

I bought my controllers & TSO package during the summer sale in August.  From what I've read, the spring sale has better pricing, but limited quantities (some items sell out within 5 minutes of the start of the sale!).  So keep your eye on the forums and join the LOR emailing list for advanced notice of the sales!  I'll probably buy 2 more controllers...one to bring my show up to 64 channels, and one for a spare...just in case!

Hey there.

Boy, your experience sounds so familiar.  I only ran 16 channels....4 for the rook and icicle lights.  The other 12 were animated outdoor decorations.  I'm thinking of another controller to add the other 24 boxes of stuff we bought after the facts.  Hahaha

How did you use those 48 channels?  I also opened on Thursday through the 6th...identical.

The LOR sequences were just so good...how did zones 17-32 work with TSO sequences.  Do they work in correlation to 1-16?  Any pattern to it?

Glad things went so well....after figuring out the little things I had to learn, I really loved the experience.  My neighborhood loved it too.  NOW, comes trying to learn how to sequence.  THAT, I'm afraid, might end up over my head.

Denis

22 minutes ago, Speedster said:

Happy New Year to you too!  Other than the GFCI breaker tripping a few times during a light rain on the 3rd night, everything ran flawlessly.  I was so stoked that everything ran so much more smoothly than I thought they would.

Opening night was 11/23 (Thanksgiving) and Sat Jan 6 was the last night.  If my math is right, that's 42 days.  It was a LOT of work to set everything up, but because of the results, I can't complain.  It took me over 8 hrs to take everything down and store everything lol.  I think I spent over 3.5 hrs disconnecting cords & plugs, and rolling up extension cords!  I "only" had 48 channels.....I can't imagine how long the tear down & storage takes for people who have hundreds of channels!   Now that we're dark, our house & yard look sad, dull, boring, and lifeless lol.

I bought my controllers & TSO package during the summer sale in August.  From what I've read, the spring sale has better pricing, but limited quantities (some items sell out within 5 minutes of the start of the sale!).  So keep your eye on the forums and join the LOR emailing list for advanced notice of the sales!  I'll probably buy 2 more controllers...one to bring my show up to 64 channels, and one for a spare...just in case!

Are you allowed to share email addresses? I'd love to share my decorations and see what your finished product looked like.

Mine is tvweather62@gmail.com

12 minutes ago, tvweather62 said:

Are you allowed to share email addresses? I'd love to share my decorations and see what your finished product looked like.

Mine is tvweather62@gmail.com

You've got mail!

• 6 months later...
On 1/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, Speedster said:

You've got mail!

Hi there!

We had a chance to exchange ideas quite a bit last year.  Are you getting ready for this year?  A guy who lives in our area, just put his ENTIRE display on sale. He was actually on the great Xmas light fight show on ABC last year.  He's selling for $24,000 and says he bought it for over $65,000.

Too rich for my blood...I guess, but I was certainly tempted.

Could I have your email address again?  Mine is tvweather62@gmail.com and my name is Denis

Any suggestions on how to get a custom song done?  I LOVE Mercy Me's version of Silent Night...and I just don't have the skill to make my own...and probably never will.  :)

I think you also gave me suggestions on how you put the staggered lights together using your second box.  Do you still have that email or thread?  I loved the way your trees looked.  I think you used 1 LOR controller...and splitters, but it was last year we talked about it.

Hope all is well!

Denis Phillips