Light-O-Rama Forums

TSO Package on SD Card

tvweather62

Hey there.

So, I want to transfer the sequences from the TSO Pkg on the SD card to the software, and then add them to a new "mix" disk, so to speak.

When I viewed the files, it looked like there were executable files...among others.  

Which files do I need to transfer over to the Sequencing software?  Do I need to transfer over mp3 files or are they already combined since these come RTG on the card.

Thanks!

I don’t think you can do anything with RTG sequences. They are not modifiable. I’ve never bought them, but that’s my understanding of RTG. 

There should be an executable file named SetupSTC-TSO-03-RTG.exe.  Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.  That will install the LOR software, sequence files, mp3 files, and other files on your hard drive.  For me, this created a Light-O-Rama folder within my Documents folder.  Since they're RTG sequences they can't be modified, but you can use the Hardware Utility LOR-mp3 tab to create your new "mix" SD card.  I'm not sure if you can do this if you haven't registered/activated your software though.

4 minutes ago, Speedster said:

There should be an executable file named SetupSTC-TSO-03-RTG.exe.  Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator.  That will install the LOR software, sequence files, mp3 files, and other files on your hard drive.  For me, this created a Light-O-Rama folder within my Documents folder.  Since they're RTG sequences they can't be modified, but you can use the Hardware Utility LOR-mp3 tab to create your new "mix" SD card.  I'm not sure if you can do this if you haven't registered/activated your software though.

I'll try it when I get home.  I do have the software activated now....so that's good to go.  I wonder if they'll auto populate in the appropriate folder.  The path with the software is User/Downloads/Documents/ then the LOR folders.  (Sequences, audio, etc)  you'd think you could just drag and drop.'

14 minutes ago, Speedster said:

I think the Simple Show Builder works....if all you're trying to do is put them together, order them, and write them to card.  It really is a piece of cake.  I'm just not sure about transferring the existing TSO ones from the card to the appropriate files. 

Interesting.... so you must've installed the software from the CD that came with your package.  But now you need to get the mp3s & sequences off of the SD card, and the only way to do that is to run the .exe file, which will also install the software.   I'm assuming it's probably the same software version that would be installed from the SD card, except your installation from CD probably doesn't have the TSO sequences and mp3s.  So then I'm assuming that running the .exe file from the SD card would just reinstall the same software over your original installation, except now you would get the sequence files, mp3s, and whatever else wasn't on the CD. 

I can't guarantee what will happen in your case since I installed the software from the SD card, not the CD that came with my package.  I'm worried that if you try to install the software from the SD card, it'll wipe out your original activation of the software, and then you'd have to activate it again, which would be a waste of 1 of the 5 allowed installations/activations (the LOR software can be installed/activated on 5 computers).

Hopefully someone with more experience can give you the right advice for your situation.

2 minutes ago, Speedster said:

Interesting.... so you must've installed the software from the CD that came with your package.  But now you need to get the mp3s & sequences off of the SD card, and the only way to do that is to run the .exe file, which will also install the software.   I'm assuming it's probably the same software version that would be installed from the SD card, except your installation from CD probably doesn't have the TSO sequences and mp3s.  So then I'm assuming that running the .exe file from the SD card would just reinstall the same software over your original installation, except now you would get the sequence files, mp3s, and whatever else wasn't on the CD. 

I can't guarantee what will happen in your case since I installed the software from the SD card, not the CD that came with my package.  I'm worried that if you try to install the software from the SD card, it'll wipe out your original activation of the software, and then you'd have to activate it again, which would be a waste of 1 of the 5 allowed installations/activations (the LOR software can be installed/activated on 5 computers).

Hopefully someone with more experience can give you the right advice for your situation.

Exactly what I was thinking...but again, why can't I just "drop" the files that are running on the SD card, into the appropriate sequence and music files that are now running on my computer in the licensed version of Sequence Suite.  And yes, I suppose, even if it does wipe out the activation, I still have 3 more....and I don't plan on ditching my computer anytime soon.  

5 minutes ago, Speedster said:

And you are correct....the TSO files came in SD card form.  So, as silly as this sounds, seems like Viewing the files on the card...picking them up...and dropping them into the LOR files on my computer now should work fine. My original question, of course, was which ones do I transfer.  I BELIEVE, the sequence files (.ins) would go into the sequence folder.  The MP3 would go in the audio and I have no idea what the exe files would do.  Hahah

1 minute ago, tvweather62 said:

And you are correct....the TSO files came in SD card form.  So, as silly as this sounds, seems like Viewing the files on the card...picking them up...and dropping them into the LOR files on my computer now should work fine. My original question, of course, was which ones do I transfer.  I BELIEVE, the sequence files (.ins) would go into the sequence folder.  The MP3 would go in the audio and I have no idea what the exe files would do.  Hahah

The only files you actually have to move is the .lms file which is the sequence and the mp3 file for the song. When you open the .lms file in SE and "Save" it will automatically create all the other files again.

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

The only files you actually have to move is the .lms file which is the sequence and the mp3 file for the song. When you open the .lms file in SE and "Save" it will automatically create all the other files again.

That's what I was hoping.  Thanks!!

Just now, Mr. P said:

Just remember that RTG sequences are locked and cannot be edited.

I'm not smart enough to edit them yet.  Just started this "hobby" last week.  I just want to  take the existing songs in the TSO pkg, and then add the 10 others I bought and downloaded and create my own play list...so to speak.  thanks again!!!

There are no LMS files on the SD card.  Here are the files that are on mine:

image.thumb.png.7103acc3eab2fd705a073329961f4224.png

I think it is the running of the .exe file that parses everything out into the separate lms, etc files.  So I don't think dragging and dropping will work.

If you have a spare computer, maybe you can run the exe file on that one, but don't activate the software.  Instead, find the files that you need (lms, mp3, etc) from that computer and copy them to the corresponding folder on your original computer.  Look in the folders named Audio and Sequences.  Not sure what else you'd need to copy.

Edited by Speedster

2 minutes ago, Speedster said:

There are no LMS files on the SD card.  Here are the files that are on mine:

image.thumb.png.7103acc3eab2fd705a073329961f4224.png

I think it is the running of the .exe file that parses everything out into the separate lms, etc files.  So I don't think dragging and dropping will work.

If you have a spare computer, maybe you can run the exe file on that one, but don't activate the software.  Instead, find the files that you need (lms, mp3, etc) from that computer and copy them to the corresponding folder on your original computer.  Look in the folders named Audio and Sequences.  Not sure what else you'd need to copy.

You don't think you  can just drop those files into the Sequence folder on LOR software?  And drop the mp3 files in the audio files?  Although I think I'll try your idea just to see if it works.  That's an interesting thought!

I don't think so, because this is what the Audio and Sequence folders look like on my PC:

image.thumb.png.cd5947e2bbcb2376ae121b666027d45a.png

image.thumb.png.c42ca64d5fa210369d6575d7ba733180.png

(The non-TSO songs & sequences were obviously purchased from Amazon and the LOR Sequence Store.)

The files on the TSO SD card look nothing like above.  That's why I don't think dragging and dropping is possible.

Maybe instead of trying my other suggestion of using a 2nd computer, running the .exe file on it, and copying the above files to your original computer.... would it be easier to just run the exe file from the SD card and install over your original installation, even if it meant "wasting" an activation?  Then at least you'd have all the mp3 & lms files, and the correct file/folder structure necessary to create your "mix" SD card.

Edited by Speedster

11 minutes ago, Speedster said:

I don't think so, because this is what the Audio and Sequence folders look like on my PC:

image.thumb.png.cd5947e2bbcb2376ae121b666027d45a.png

image.thumb.png.c42ca64d5fa210369d6575d7ba733180.png

(The non-TSO songs & sequences were obviously purchased from Amazon and the LOR Sequence Store.)

The files on the TSO SD card look nothing like above.  That's why I don't think dragging and dropping is possible.

Maybe instead of trying my other suggestion of using a 2nd computer, running the .exe file on it, and copying the above files to your original computer.... would it be easier to just run the exe file from the SD card and install over your original installation, even if it meant "wasting" an activation?  Then at least you'd have all the mp3 & lms files, and the correct file/folder structure necessary to create your "mix" SD card.

I think I'll try to run it first on the 2nd computer...see if that works.  Otherwise, it's worth a try I doubt I'd ever use all 5 computers....so it seems worthwhile to me.  And HOLY COW...you bought all those from the sequence store?  That's gotta be $500. Yowza. 

Yeah, I bought 8 songs & 8 sequences.  The mp3s were $0.99 - $1.29 on Amazon, and the sequences were $24.11 each.  So I spent over $200 for the non-TSO songs last night lol.  I'm thinking of doing a 2-part show with part 1 having the TSO songs, and part 2 having a good mix of "various artists".  Next year hopefully I would have learned how to sequence several songs already, so maybe all I have to buy are the mp3s.

Good luck with the 2nd computer option, keep us posted!

26 minutes ago, Speedster said:

Yeah, I bought 8 songs & 8 sequences.  The mp3s were $0.99 - $1.29 on Amazon, and the sequences were $24.11 each.  So I spent over $200 for the non-TSO songs last night lol.  I'm thinking of doing a 2-part show with part 1 having the TSO songs, and part 2 having a good mix of "various artists".  Next year hopefully I would have learned how to sequence several songs already, so maybe all I have to buy are the mp3s.

Good luck with the 2nd computer option, keep us posted!

I downloaded 8 myself.  So let me get this straight, what we're considering is running the executable file on a computer that doesn't have LOR software on it yet.  The thought is, it will install the software and open up the songs and sequences.  At that point, we try to email the files.  However, still not sure whether or not it will let me.  OR.....I just run the executable file on the licenses computer, and see if it blows out the license...and then just use my code again to re-install it and we know they will be there.  (Or at least, think they will.)  But yea, the MP3 files are there on the card...but each song...has 2 seq files...with a seq suffix.  NO idea what the heck that is....and certainly not lms.  Interesting...

Yes, those are your 2 options (unless someone else chimes in with a suggestion that they know will work). 

1) Run the .exe on a 2nd computer to install software, mp3s, lms, etc files. Copy files from Audio folder and Sequences folder to flash drive, then copy from flash drive to original computer.  

Or,

2) Run the .exe on your original computer, possibly overlaying your original installation and requiring a 2nd activation.  The mp3, lms, and other necessary files should all be there after doing this.

3 hours ago, Speedster said:

Yes, those are your 2 options (unless someone else chimes in with a suggestion that they know will work). 

1) Run the .exe on a 2nd computer to install software, mp3s, lms, etc files. Copy files from Audio folder and Sequences folder to flash drive, then copy from flash drive to original computer.  

Or,

2) Run the .exe on your original computer, possibly overlaying your original installation and requiring a 2nd activation.  The mp3, lms, and other necessary files should all be there after doing this.

Yup....they don't transfer...they show up in files.  I put them in audio and sequence files..but when tried to use show builder...they weren't there.  All the others I downloaded worked fine.

So...I'll try our other option tomorrow.  Afraid to do it on the computer I just did all that work on.....would hate to see it go away.  :)