Light-O-Rama Forums

Rebroadcasting?

HVACR

I am using a MP3 director this year to run my network. I had to wire my FM transmitter to on all of the time. Only runs the show a few hours per day. Wanted to possibly rebroadcast one of the Iheart Christmas stations. If I could figure out the logistics. Is it OK to rebroadcast the stream on a low power FM transmitter?  

Thanks
HVACR

Off hand, I can come up with some issues with re-broadcasting a commercial FM station - although I've never looked at the rules to see if that would really be an issue.  Would you get away with it?  Very likely yes.  But part of that becomes "What's the point?", since all you have to do is change stations to listen to the iHeart station itself.

What you might want to do is take a look at Zara Radio.  I have done that for several years. Even have a bunch of VoiceOvers from The Demented Elf.  Can make the station sound quite professional with Zara.

I second using Zara.  I play Christmas music during the day (via Zara) and then switch over to the show music at about 5pm.  It's all automated so I don't have to do a thing.  I keep the volume low on the outdoor speakers (so I don't annoy anyone) and the neighbors love it.  They like the music during the day when they are out for walks.

Zara is great.  BTW, for non-show hours, The Demented Elf has audio packages called "The Demented Elf Radio Network".  They really are great.  Note that Keven is going out of business, so if you want to get DERN voiceovers, get a hold of him really soon.  I have done a lot of strange stuff with Zara, so if you have questions about setting it up, feel free to contact me.

On 11/17/2017 at 5:01 PM, k6ccc said:

Off hand, I can come up with some issues with re-broadcasting a commercial FM station - although I've never looked at the rules to see if that would really be an issue.  Would you get away with it?  Very likely yes.  But part of that becomes "What's the point?", since all you have to do is change stations to listen to the iHeart station itself.

What you might want to do is take a look at Zara Radio.  I have done that for several years. Even have a bunch of VoiceOvers from The Demented Elf.  Can make the station sound quite professional with Zara.

does it run on falcon player?