Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence timing out

nunofernandes

looking for some assistance with this guys...

i run my show every 30 minutes on the 1/2 hour... for example at 7pm the background sequence starts and runs for 30 minutes, which lights up the side of the house which is not sequenced.

the musical section starts at the same time and runs through the 12 songs. by the time the musical sequence is over, i insert an animation sequence to fill in the last 14 minutes which keeps all the lights on until the next 1/2 hour when everything starts again.

my problem is that the filler animation sequence which is about 14 minutes long, shuts the lights off after only 10 minutes. i checked the length and its correct.

any ideas?

So as I understand it, you should have a background sequence and your animation sequence running.  Check to make sure that the lights involved are not in both sequences.  That will result in conflicting commands that will give you unexpected results.

That's correct. The background sequence is only programmed to unit 7 which keeps the lights on in the side of the house during a 30 minute show. That unit is not used for any of the sequencing.

The filler sequence actually runs, but shuts the lights off after 10 minutes. Although it's programmed for 14 minutes.

8 minutes ago, nunofernandes said:

The filler sequence actually runs, but shuts the lights off after 10 minutes. Although it's programmed for 14 minutes.

Not trying to be flip here, but are you SURE?  Yes, I have run into "Damn, I thought I sequenced that command all the way to the end".  Is it a single 14 minute sequence or does it run several times, or have a loop command?

Other option is about half way through the 14 minutes, turn the channels down from 100% to 95% over a couple seconds and then back up.  You'll never see the difference on the lights, but it sends new commands to the controller.

If it's ALWAYS doing it at EXACTLY the same time, I'd put money on it that it's a sequence issue.  Push comes to shove, send me the sequences and the show file and I'll take a look.  If you want to do that, send me a PM and I'll send you an E-Mail address.

• The topic was locked