Light-O-Rama Forums

Hlep with pixel tree kit and connection to control boxes.

Tharkun

This end of summer sale I bought the TSO starter pack w 2/16 channel controllers and a pixel tree kit. Running test and pixel tree only shows about 1/4 of pixels on bottom of tree. Noticed that default on Pixie controller documentation indicates it is set to controller 1. My two 16 channel controllers are set to 1 & 2. I am assuming that this is creating a conflict?  when I press the pixie 8 reset button, the pixels cycle through colors as I suppose they should.  Been told I need to reset pixie controller or the 16 channel controllers to other numbers. But with the TSO sequences now am I looking at trying to reprogram the sequences on the show list? Not familiar enough with software yet to be able to do this at this point. Was hoping plug and play meant just that...sigh.  A helpful gent on FB LOR users indicates I should set other controllers to 9 and up as the pixiecon takes 1-8. But if I do that, then all my sequences in the TSO package will be off; right?

If I set pixie  controller to #8 will my TSO sequences then work as the TSO documentation shows controller 8 for RGB highlights in the sequences?

I don't know what the controllers are but your Pixie8 uses 8 unit IDs and if the the others are Pixie16 then they will use 16 unit IDs. You are more then likely overlapping IDs.

12 minutes ago, Tharkun said:

This end of summer sale I bought the TSO starter pack w 2/16 channel controllers and a pixel tree kit. Running test and pixel tree only shows about 1/4 of pixels on bottom of tree. Noticed that default on Pixie controller documentation indicates it is set to controller 1. My two 16 channel controllers are set to 1 & 2. I am assuming that this is creating a conflict?  when I press the pixie 8 reset button, the pixels cycle through colors as I suppose they should.  Been told I need to reset pixie controller or the 16 channel controllers to other numbers. But with the TSO sequences now am I looking at trying to reprogram the sequences on the show list? Not familiar enough with software yet to be able to do this at this point. Was hoping plug and play meant just that...sigh.  A helpful gent on FB LOR users indicates I should set other controllers to 9 and up as the pixiecon takes 1-8. But if I do that, then all my sequences in the TSO package will be off; right?

If I set pixie  controller to #8 will my TSO sequences then work as the TSO documentation shows controller 8 for RGB highlights in the sequences?

The guys on the FB page do not represent LOR (I believe). I read it wrong. But give me a call well have you up in running in 10 mins.

JR

Edited by dibblejr