Light-O-Rama Forums
JamesWright

Dimming Curve Question

I am using 5.0.14. I just built a new dimming curve. It is in the same directory as all of the others (Light-O-Rama > Plugins > Dimming Curves). When I go into preview design, select a prop and try to add the dimming curve that I just made, it is not listed. What am I doing wrong?

Jim

Edited by JamesWright

You just need to restart the Sequencer. The curves are loaded when the program starts.

Matt

Matt:

I have tried that. I have even rebooted the computer. I still do not see my dimming curve. Is there a required file name or will it list anything in that directory?

Jim

It reads through all of the .XML files in \Light-O-Rama\Plugins\Dimming Curves. The name of the curve is taken from the "name" attribute on the root element (or the file name if the name attribute doesn't exist). The name MUST be unique, or it will not get added to the list of curves.

<DimmingCurve name="LinearCurve 50%" author="Light-O-Rama, Inc.">

Invalid XML would also cause the file to be skipped. However, you would see the error in the trace file: \Documents\LORSequencer-trace.txt

Matt

Matt:

I am glad that you mentioned the trace file. Here is part of the file that deals with the problem:

LORSequencer.exe Information: 0 : DimmingCurveCollection.ReadCurve: C:\Users\JMW\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Plugins\DimmingCurves\Linear_20pct.xml
    DateTime=2017-11-16T23:31:31.2487567Z
LORSequencer.exe Error: 0 : DimmingCurveCollection.ReadCurve: System.Xml.XmlException: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 19, position 3.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.IsStartElement()
   at ‪‫‫‭‍‍‌‬‎‭‎‏‫‪‭‎‬‍‏‎‬‮.‏‭‎‍‪‏‪‮‏‎‭‏‮‎‍‭‮(String )
    DateTime=2017-11-16T23:31:31.2517579Z
LORSequencer.exe Information: 0 : DimmingCurveCollection.ReadCurve: C:\Users\JMW\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Plugins\DimmingCurves\Linear_20pct_For_Sign.xml
    DateTime=2017-11-16T23:31:31.2517579Z
LORSequencer.exe Error: 0 : DimmingCurveCollection.ReadCurve: System.Xml.XmlException: '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 19, position 3.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.IsStartElement()
   at ‪‫‫‭‍‍‌‬‎‭‎‏‫‪‭‎‬‍‏‎‬‮.‏‭‎‍‪‏‪‮‏‎‭‏‮‎‍‭‮(String )

It looks like you have a problem in your xml file at about line 19, column 3. There are plenty of online XML validators online, just google "xml validator".

Matt