Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating a schedule to just play music after show is shutdown

brichi

Is there a way to play music while shows are not running? for example I plan on running 7 songs/sequences I made in a loop from 5PM-11PM every day of the week and obviously the music is piped through a FM transmitter for people sitting in car BUT I would like to have this hour long music mix I have of about 20 Christmas songs just play (no lights) while the show is done so from 11PM-5PM. 

I saw that in the show builder if I add the 1 hour track to a "music sequence" area it will loop but it wont actually stop at 5PM, it will carry over until the 1 hour track is done playing. If I add it as a startup sequence it will cut off at 5PM but it wont actually loop so I would have to add the track like 19 times to the startup sequence 

Any other ideas to do this? thanks guys

If you really want to do it in LOR you could create a blank sequence for each piece of music and create a show or put them in MIIP and make a show. If you were to do this route you could also add some low intensity very slow color changing lights as background for the overnight hours.

Or, you could use a music player and create a playlist  and loop that using Windows Scheduler to start and stop it.

Or, you could look into Zara Radio, a free (I think) music broadcasting program, but that might be overkill for what you want.

Phil gave you lots of options - any of which would work.  From a LOR standpoint, the easiest would be a show that has musical sequences with no lights.  I run Zara Radio to broadcast music on my FM any time the show is not running.  Zara (yes, it's free) would be overkill for what you want to do.

• The topic was locked