Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Cameras

whitebuck

6 minutes ago, namecipS said:

Are there other good video recording drones that don't have a comma in the price?

The Parrot Bebop 2 is reasonable. it doesn't have all the features of the DJI but for $450-$500 it is a very respectable drone.

8 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The Parrot Bebop 2 is reasonable. it doesn't have all the features of the DJI but for $450-$500 it is a very respectable drone.

I can only afford an Escalade, so I too am jealous of your Z06.  Hahaha

Thanks, I'll check it out.

55 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

A friend of mine has one of these and it works quite well for the price.

11 hours ago, namecipS said:

Are there other good video recording drones that don't have a comma in the price?

Newegg has a really good deal on a DJI Phantom 4 with 4K Camera for $699.00. It is a refurbished unit by DJI. They have 2 left. Sale ends Sat 11/18/17.

Despite the negative comment left by someone on the Newegg page, DJI is a very good company and a very nice, easy to fly drone, plus I found extra blades at Walmart.

Here is the Newegg link.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAWD4YA3392&cm_re=dji_phantom_4_pro-_-380-0002-00047-_-Product

Just for grins I looked on Walmarts website and found 3 under $600.00

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=&query=dji+phantom

Alan...

I have used a Flip Cam for recording. Whatever you decide to use, if it is a on ground unit and you plan to share the videos, invest in a cheap tripod. Nothing takes away from a nice show than a shaky video.

Alan...

Or you can even go the better route like I did I have a friend at work who is an avid drone flyer and does a lot of on the side video projects for different companies. He agreed to come fly over mine and do videos for me and the best part is he said he'd do it for free. No need to buy a silly expensive drone

• 1 month later...

I just got a Canon Vixia HF R72 for Christmas that I'm hoping will allow me to get some decent videos.  Now it just has to warm up enough for me to try it out (it's been about -12 at night lately). 

• The topic was locked