Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to get a STAR for my Tree?

Brianc_1978

Hoping somebody can help. I been trying to find a star for my mega tree. I found one but it is only the frame. So I asked the person from Christmaslightshow.com to see if they know where to get the lights for it. He said LOR has them but I can't find them. He said they are 8mm pixel. I know it uses 100 lights. Anyone have any idea what these may be listed as on LOR's website?

1 hour ago, Thebug said:

I got one from bosco and love it

I also switched to a Boscoyo Studios star this year and it looks great.  I have been using a slightly custom version of Brian Bruderer's star and loved it with one exception.  I was using smart RGB strip inside the star and depending on the star being waterproof.  Five years of trying and I never could make it waterproof.  Everytime it rained, the star messed up.  Put up the Boscoyo Studios which does not depend on the star being waterproof (everything is exposed to the weather, so waterproof pixels are used).  I will re-use the SuperStar Lights star somewhere next year where it is weather protected.

Thanks for all the replies.. I really just need the lights for the star I ordered. He said they are  8mm and I’m not sure what that is referring to.

4 minutes ago, Brianc_1978 said:

Thanks for all the replies.. I really just need the lights for the star I ordered. He said they are  8mm and I’m not sure what that is referring to.

The Nose of the LED.   (hole it shows thru)

8mm bullet (12mm body) seems common

Are you looking for Smart or Dumb nodes?  The controller determines the LEDS that are connected.

• The topic was locked