Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware untility question

dknahoolewa

I create a animation sequence for testing every year when setting up the show. I get the following error when using the LOR MP3 in the hardware utility to program to an SD card. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I tried creating a new animation sequence and got the same results.

image.png.040e7ab3e98524c9b0a50d01e5283a2c.png

Thanks,

Daniel

Edited by dknahoolewa
typo

Based on the error message, I would say that you have a “channel” that is a sub-sequence.  I do remember that the directors can’t handle sub-sequences.

I don’t used directors or sub-sequences so I’m not the expert here...

Jim,

I have never heard of a sub sequence in the 7yrs I have been doing this. How do I get rid of it? Really how do I find it or know what it its?

After further research I learned what a subsequence was. You can find them labeled as "sequence" in the channel configuration under device type. Learn something new everyday. I never found one labeled that way in my sequence but decided to save the channel config and re-import and that fixed my problem.

Like I sad, I’m not the expert on either Directors or sub-sequences.  I’m on my phone, so not gonna type a novel.  You open up the manual to read up on sub-sequences.

There is a topic in the help file about subsequences. In the channel settings dialog, device is "Sequence" instead of LOR Controller. My guess would be a stray channel set wrong or perhaps all of them. 

TOO SLOW.....

Edited by PhilMassey

A subsequence is one channel in SE. If you right click on the channels one of the channels will not have controller info but it will actually say subsequence. Also, a subsequence channel is turned on from the very beginning to the very end so that may help you locate it. Once you locate it just delete that channel.

• The topic was locked