Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ndutton

S5 Show Editor

Correct me if I am going down the wrong path here....

1) created a bunch of sequences in S5 sequencer.

2) launch show editor

3) try to select some of those sequences.... here is the problem. I think show builder is trying to find lms files due to the built in filter but it should now be filtering on loredit files.

am I missing something here?

When using S5 you have to create playback files. Open your sequence in the editor. Go to file and select create playback files. You will then have an .LMS file to use in the show editor.

created those playback files.....go to play them with lights via the MP3 show player, and  most of the pixels don't turn on. However, anything plugged into the main controller (16 dongle) runs. The two pixels that do turn on are 2 floodlights (dumb rgb). What I don't get is that other dumb rgb's plugged into the same CMB24D control board for the floodlights don't work. I don't get it. I changed the songs on the SD card to songs I made with S4 as recently as 10/31/17 and everything plays like it should (smart and dumb pixels). Anything in S5 doesn't work right now. Same props and everything. Network is upgraded to enhanced protocol, as well. I'm thinking it has something to do with prop groups, but on one of the animations I made with S5, I didn't have any prop groups and those rgb pixels (dumb and smart) still don't turn on. I'm at a loss as to what's causing this problem.  

A couple follow up questions.  If I create the playback file for the show, then decide to create some changes to the sequence, do I:

1. Need to create a new playback file each time I make changes?  Similar to saving intensity files is PE.

2. And if so, do I have to go in and update the show editor with the new .play.las/lms file each time I make changes?

3. Does it write over the existing .play file each time, or is there going to be a new one each time a .playback file is created?

I have created previews and sequences in S5, but haven't run an shows at this point. I use Show Editor and Schedule Editor to run my shows directly from my laptop.

Yes, you have to create new playback files if you make any changes. Yes, it will over write the existing files. No, you dont have to update the show editor.

I know your post is a year old (today), but I was just having the exact same issues--trying to play a new sequence for my eave lights for St. Patrick's Day. Nothing worked. Now that I have created playback files, they show up on the Show Editor and work great. Thanks so much!