Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 8 controller locking up

mlswayze

for the 1st time, I am trying to run a show with my Pixie 8 using standalone mode.  Everything is going ok till now.  I was running my program testing one of the ports.  I noticed that after running for about 10 minutes or so, it will lock up!  If I poser cycle the unit, it will run again for a while.  Another "symptom" is that it seems to lock up at the same point every time (toward the front of the program)  My program runs for 45 seconds and them repeats.  (there are areas with loops inside so the actual run time is longer than that.

Please help

thanks!

Turn off your power saving stuff, sleep, hibernation ect. on your computer. Also if you lose your audio it will stop. You need to have a speaker or transmitter running. 

When got my first pixie16 up and running the first thing that happned my wireless speaker batter died. After what seemed like forever and posting the question here I discovered no audio output source means no sequence. As soon as I changed to computer speakers it started working again.

Same with the hibernation/ sleep settings. This was just happening with me prior to HAlloween. Show kept stopping. I discovered that with one of my updates the computer somehow went back to using hibernation settings so after 10-15 mins the computer would shut down and so would the show. Turned all back off and turned on screen saver. All went back to playing as normal.

With the repeating and stopping issue. Is this a digitally remastered or edited by you song? I don't know why but when I sequence singing characters sometimes with digitally remastered music as well as some custom music these types of problems happen. Normally in the beginning or end. But there are several indicators a problem is about to occur.

JR

I appreciate the reply.  My situation may be different as I am running in stand alone mode (no PC and not network hooked up) and no music as well.

Still searching for some knowledge or assistance as I am close to "launching" for the 1st time and I am "dead" in the water without this being fixed.

On 11/13/2017 at 2:47 PM, mlswayze said:

My situation may be different as I am running in stand alone mode (no PC and not network hooked up) and no music as well.

I don't have an answer for you, but I am curious how the stand alone mode works. I looked thru the manual and didn't anything about it, other than Stand Alone Speed. It has been a long time since I had my pPixies hooked up to Hardware Utility, is a sequence loaded from there?

TIA

Alan...

Never mind the above question, I just looked up how stand alone sequences are loaded on another controller and it is thru Hardware Editor.

Alan...

Actually you CAN load them directly from the Hardware Editor.  You do however have to have firmware version 1.03 (If I recall correctly)

• The topic was locked