Light-O-Rama Forums

Continuous or Not?

tvweather62

Hi there.

This is my first set up. I'm trying to figure out the best way to have the display playing music.

Obviously, it would be continuous on the radio, but I am thinking having a speaker set up to a timer and have the fm

radio play every 30 minutes or so.  The issue is, our neighborhood has HUGE foot traffic for displays. It's pretty much the most popular neighborhood in the area.

My family thinks having the music on continuously would be annoying.  I also will be using the 20 TSO pkg along with 8 other songs.  

So, ultimately, my question is, how often do you run the sequences if you don't go continuous, and how many actually DO go continuous?

Thanks!!!!

Continuous, every night from 6-10 for the entire month.

If they have a problem with it I tell them to take it up with the HOA, which is me. :D

Edited by Mr. P

Especially if you have a lot of foot traffic (where people generally are not carrying a radio), you need to keep the speakers on.

In my case, the show runs until 10:00 on weeknights or 11:00 on weekends, but the speakers shut off about 9:00.  By that time, it's cold enough that nobody is walking so the FM is all that's needed. 

Continuous as well and I have absolutely no foot traffic unless they sit in my yard with their lawn chairs which is fine by me. They bring their own portables with them since I do not use outdoor speakers.

JR

As everyone else said continuous.  I use a fm transmitter every night and I put a speaker out Friday and Saturday nights for the foot traffic.

I play continuous music but only have sequenced shows for 10 minutes on and then five minutes off.  Eight different shows over a 2 Hour Loop.

My playlists loop continuously all evening.  I have different length playlists to enable me to keep traffic from backing up too far.  I also have different playlists for early (mostly Christmas stuff) and late (mostly non-Christmas stuff).

I always have the transmitter going, and I have an outdoor speaker that I use almost every night.  But when it gets down to single digits temperature (or lower) we don't see very many people out of their vehicles for very long.

Continuous as well.  I've also got different playlists for early and late shows coupled with an A, B, and C day shows.  Keeps the exact same songs from being played all night, every night (and driving us all crazy).