Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Light Strips work with T1000 but will not work with LOR cards!

Obejohnknobe

Anyone out there have this problem?  When my ws2811 pixel light strips come in, I test them with a T1000 led pixel tester and run them through a series of tests.  After programing my LOR Pixie 4, 8 and 16 cards, they will not work off of the card test under the LOR Hardware Utility (HU).  Using a built Sample color pixie card test in the sequence editor, the ws2811 light strip still will not work.  There are times when the LOR card first turns on the light strips will go to full white and turn off.  When using the ws2811 led bulbs, there is no problem and works really well for both the HU and pixie sample test.  WS2811 light strips use 12vdc and the ws2811 bulbs use 5vdc and have check both sets of power supplies for voltage issues but have none.  I have checked the ws2811 light strips and they appear to all work except for 1 strip having a pixel out and the rest working.  All ws2811 bulbs work great!  Any ideas?

John M.

I want to clarify something you said.  Your WS2811 strips are 12V and the WS2811 bulbs are 5V.  Are you changing power supplies when swapping light types?  The Pixie controller does not regulate the supply voltage for the pixels.

• The topic was locked