Light-O-Rama Forums

Show plays but no lights?! Help!

Crystalherman

Did we find out what happened?  I am having the exact same issue.   In sequence editor it' saying no comm ports connected and is orange.  It works in the hardware utility bit not running a sequence.  I know I have to configure the comm port but can't remember how to do that in the sequence editor.

The Comm Port is set when you add the controller to Hardware Editor. You then need to Open Network Configuration and enter the info there also. Depending on your license level and the Generation of your controllers you may not be able to use 500.0K and the Enhanced Network.

network%20config.png

As far as Sequence Editor, that is set when you add a prop to Sequence Editor. To check or change settings in SE, Click Tools, then Channel Configuration.

Alan...

Alan,

I don't have pro so my software looks different.  What's killing me is this was working yesterday.  here are some screen shots.

The first one is the lower right of my sequence editor.  In the lower right of the software I have an orange box.  When I go over that it say comms: no ports set. 

The second on is this simple LOR network configuration showing port com 4 selected. 

When I use the hardware utility it goes to port com 4 and the lights work. 

Where is the hardware editor?

I have a second controller daisy chained and the hardware utility doesn't see that one.  Am I missing something?  I swear I had this working yesterday.  Both controllers and all the channels.  Went to do a final test tonight and it didn't work.

2017-11-12 19_58_30-.png

23 minutes ago, commwagg24 said:

Where is the hardware editor?

I'm sorry I misspoke, I meant Hardware Utility.

I only see one picture.

Alan...

Sorry here is the second image. 

Also attached a screenshot of the hardware utility.  Not attached to the LOR now, but normally I auto configure and it goes to comm 4.  I can't find network preferences in sequence editor.  Is that a thing?

2017-11-13 08_35_39-Inbox - bwagg@thinkcsc.com - Outlook.png

2017-11-13 08_37_00-OSAE - bwagg@thinkcsc.com - Outlook.png

19 hours ago, Crystalherman said:

Guys... I figured it out! I'm up and running! Thanks for all you help! ?

Please let us know how you got up and running. This will help someone else if they have the same problem as you had.

Thanks

Tom

19 hours ago, Crystalherman said:

Guys... I figured it out! I'm up and running! Thanks for all you help! ?

Some reason it double posted.

Edited by TBS99

37 minutes ago, commwagg24 said:

Still cant figure mine out so any help would be great. Still showing no port selected.

Sending you my cell, call me if you would like some assistance.

JR

JR,

Thanks for your help last night!  My show is up and running!  My LOR controllers had changed their unit id's and that was causing the issue I believe.

• The topic was locked