Light-O-Rama Forums

Show plays but no lights?! Help!

Crystalherman

I have connected my controller and set everything up. The controller controls the lights while in test but during my show. First I got an error message that said there was a problem with my media.  I got that straightened out and now when I enable the show it plays but no lights come on. I have it set to control lights in sequence editor. The ports and comms are all matching. I have no idea what to do at this point! 

Welcome to the forum Crystal.

Do you have the LOR control panel running (which in turn starts the Comm Listener)?  If you do, you should see the LOR light bulb in your system tray (the green arrow below), and a program running that will look something like the red arrow below.  Note that the LOR light bulb may not be blue as in my screen capture.

Control_Panel.png

29 minutes ago, Crystalherman said:

The controller controls the lights while in test

Do you mean testing with the Hardware Utility?  If not, what do you mean?

A few more questions to help us help you.

What version of the LOR software do you have, and what level of software license do you have?  In my screen capture shown below from Sequence Editor, the top line shows that I an running version 4.3.24 and have a Pro level license.

License_Level.png

How many of what kind of controllers do you have, and what Unit IDs do you have them set to?

That's enough for now...

Edited by k6ccc

I have 5 but this year I'm doing the lights for my workplace and used a new controller. I set it to unit 1. It's the LOR controller that is pretty standard. It's in a plastic cover. I think it starts with a CT or something. I'm not where I can check right now.

She said she resolved the media issue in her first post.  However most of the questions I asked were not answered.  Please do answer each of the questions so we can help you - otherwise we’re guessing.

I have 5 but this year I'm doing the lights for my workplace and used a new controller. I set it to unit 1. It's the LOR controller that is pretty standard. It's in a plastic cover. I think it starts with a CT or something. I'm not where I can check right now. I have the same software you posted above and the pro level. The lights come on in the utility hardware test but not in the show or the sequence editor.  The show starts and music plays as if the show is running but no lights. I have the control lights checked and utility harware closed when i start my show. Schedule says enabled and im not getting an error. 

Control panel on.  Hardware utility off.  Sequence editor off if running a schedule...schedule off if running from the sequence editor.

You can left click the LOR light bulb icon in the tray and it will bring up a box that shows what is happening.  For example....I sequence on a seperate computer than my show uses.  On my sequence pc I use drive D.  On my show pc I use drive C.  When I start the show it says it starts but nothing plays.  Opening the box using the LOR light bulb icon I can see that nothing started due to failure to find the files...it was looking for them on the D drive.

If I try to play the sequence in sequence editor...control panel on and hardware utility off...it gives me an error for the missing files.  So I always test with sequence editor first.  But you must have control panel on.  Hardware utility off.  Schedule disabled.  The bottom right of the sequence editor has a communications icon.  It will either be red or blue.  Blue means it is communicating.  So, make sure that is blue.  

Sax

I'm on my way down there now to try to recheck everything. I'm also bringing a different controller because the one connected is a used one from eBay that we've never used. Just in case it's a dud.  If there's anyone up for a phone conference once I get there if I can't get it going I'd be the happiest most grateful person alive! 

2 minutes ago, Crystalherman said:

If there's anyone up for a phone conference once I get there if I can't get it going I'd be the happiest most grateful person alive! 

I gave you my phone number in a response to your private message.  I can even host a conference call if TheDucks or Sax wants in on the fun - give me a chance to use my seldom used Free Conference Call account.

I can't even say thanks enough! I'm just getting here so let me go in and get the computer connected and make sure im set and I'll call. Thank you thank you thank you!

I just got off the phone with Crystal, and I could not come up with anything.  Note that she is running version 3.9.0 with an Advanced license, so I was having to go back three years as to how things operate differently.

14 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I just got off the phone with Crystal, and I could not come up with anything.  Note that she is running version 3.9.0 with an Advanced license, so I was having to go back three years as to how things operate differently.

Jim is this her first year with LOR   does she know how to add channels to the sequence?

The status says show is running along but the lights are not coming on. Sequence editor won't run them either. Only time I can control the lights is in Hardware Utility when I click lights on twinkle or sparkle. They work. Run a show or sequence editor they dont.

2 minutes ago, Crystalherman said:

Guys... I figured it out! I'm up and running! Thanks for all you help! ?

After all that please tell us what the issue was, it maybe helpful for others

Alan...

As I said on the phone, I'm sure it was something that we'll all go "Duh".  What was it!

And I'm glad you got it working.

In the sequence editor go into network preferences change the speed down to a slower speed and then see if the lights work. I have run into that problem with one of my adapters.