Light-O-Rama Forums

Keyboard shortcut for cells

jerry72

I can not find the shortcuts for choosing multiple cells without having to hold the mouse arrow all the way to the left. I had them wrote down, now can't find them. Help.

Jerry, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, but to select multiple cells in Sequence Editor, there are several ways to do it.  Left click on a cell, move to the other end of the range of cells that you want to select and left click again while pressing the [SHIFT] key.  Or, Left click and hold on the first cell and move to the other end of the range that you want to select and then release the left mouse button.  You can also Left click on a cell and then move around with the arrow keys while holding the [SHIFT} key.  To select an entire row starting at a given point to the end, Left click at the beginning of the range, Press the {END] key and then left click in the last cell while pressing the [SHIFT] key.  Same concept for selecting everything from a point back to the beginning except press the [HOME} rather than the [END] key.

Did that answer your question?

7 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Jerry, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, but to select multiple cells in Sequence Editor, there are several ways to do it.  Left click on a cell, move to the other end of the range of cells that you want to select and left click again while pressing the [SHIFT] key.  Or, Left click and hold on the first cell and move to the other end of the range that you want to select and then release the left mouse button.  You can also Left click on a cell and then move around with the arrow keys while holding the [SHIFT} key.  To select an entire row starting at a given point to the end, Left click at the beginning of the range, Press the {END] key and then left click in the last cell while pressing the [SHIFT] key.  Same concept for selecting everything from a point back to the beginning except press the [HOME} rather than the [END] key.

Did that answer your question?

The first part, about the shift key is what i was after, thank you. I tried using the shift key, but held it down the entire time, not like you said to do that is why i couldn't get it to work.