Light-O-Rama Forums

Help With E1.31 + LOR Setup

mmais68569

18 hours ago, joopers7 said:

YEPPERS-The 1st time I set up mine was a PIA, took FOREVER, but once I got it to work I saved it as a layout for future uses, if you cant get it to work PM me your email and Ill send you a layout that you can either cut and paste your sequence on or to look at and compare.

Bought the switch pulled the router out of the setup & nothing happened. Do I just unplug the router plug in the switch & connect the cat 5 just like it was a router? 

Tried the ping test & could not even connect.

What the $%@#*^ am I doing wrong this can not be that hard

Here is what the listener saw appears to me that it opened but nothing happened

ac0e07584ab51e04e66e454fc818937b.png

One other thing I have not posted & my be part of the problem. When I plug the controller into the outlet all the lights come on green & stay on. No matter what I do I can not get them to turn off.

Mike

Here is where I am as of this morning.

I am able to use xLights to test that my universes are setup right on the controller & that the computer & controller are connected. In xLights everything works.

Now when I go to LOR & try I get nothing. So my thoughts & correct me if wrong is that the setup in LOR is not correct

Or

There is something else that is not checked correctly. The computer & controller seem not to be talking.3

Mike

16 hours ago, mmais68569 said:

One other thing I have not posted & my be part of the problem. When I plug the controller into the outlet all the lights come on green & stay on. No matter what I do I can not get them to turn off.

I don't know the AlphaPix controllers, but that brought a thought.  On the LOR CCP/CCB controllers, you can set a mode where the first pixel of each string will display the condition of the status LED on the controller for the first minute after powerup - and it does that in green.  The purpose is to prevent needing to remove all eight screws on the controller box just to tell if the status light is blinking or solid.  Very handy feature.  Just wondering if the AlphaPix is doing something similar - obviously for an Ethernet connection and not a LOR connection.

Here is where I am as of this morning.

I am able to use xLights to test that my universes are setup right on the controller & that the computer & controller are connected. In xLights everything works.

Now when I go to LOR & try I get nothing. So my thoughts & correct me if wrong is that the setup in LOR is not correct

Or

There is something else that is not checked correctly. The computer & controller seem not to be talking.3

Mike

Afternoon update

I HAVE LIGHTS WOOOOOOOOOOW

I think the biggest problem I was having was with cop & paste, but first this is what I did today.

I went into network preferences & Clicked on each universe & deleted the port 5568 & reinstalled it as 5568. Did this to make sure everything was correct we all know about auto fill

Then went in & added 2 more universes so I had 16 which matched the controller even though I am only using 12

Last I went to the sequences & re did them all. When I first did the sequences I copy & pasted all 12 channels at one time. This did not work so on the new sequences I copy & pasted each universe one at a time now working.

You tell me what made a difference I do not know but happy all is working.

Thanks all for your help

Mike