Light-O-Rama Forums

Help With E1.31 + LOR Setup

mmais68569

I have been trying for about 2 weeks now to get my HC Alpha Pix 12 strip mega tree running in LOR

So far I have the controller in the network it pings & I can test the lights using xLights to make sure controller & computer are setup.

Now comes the problem or problems I have lots of pictures but LOR only lets me load one per post so let's see if I can explain what is going on. 

In LOR I have setup a sequence using 12 DMX RGB universes one universe per strip of 50 pixels that gives me 150 channels. I set the first strip of lights to universe 2 as I already have my show running on universe 1. I setup universe 1 because of a mix of LOR Lynx Express & dumb RGB controllers running wireless with a Lynx Dongle.

I then setup the other 11 stips in the next 11 universes. Specified my IP address then saved.

made sure the controller configuration LOR Configuration, & the sequence was all setup to the same universes. 

Set up a show   computer started & I could hear the music but not the first light came on

I sure could use all the help I can get as I can not see why it does not work

Mike`

Some things to check:

- All configs in the Alphapix are set up, ports, channels etc.

- Network Preferences are set correctly, universes and ip addresses. Click on the ip address and ensure the mulicast or unicast is set correctly.

2 hours ago, mmais68569 said:

Now comes the problem or problems I have lots of pictures but LOR only lets me load one per post so let's see if I can explain what is going on. 

Actually the forum lets you post all the pictures that you want in a message post.  What it does have is a TOTAL limit to the number of bytes that you can upload (not for a single message, but FOREVER).  You likely are hitting your total limit - it's not that large.  The solution is to upload the photos to a website and link them.  For example, for the screen capture below, I typed the link for the photo, but you see the actual image.

Comm_Listener-2.png

The file is actually located on my web server.  Most people don't have a web server, so they put the photos on any one of many free photo and file sharing sites.

If you look at the Comm Listener (yea, I know we normally never look at it), you should see the Comm Listener opening each universe.  I just took this screen capture from my show computer as I was typing this message.  You will see at the top that the Comm Listener initialized yesterday at 15:52:49.  That was shortly after the computer did a scheduled weekly re-boot.  The next bunch of lines shows it opening each universe that is defined in the Network Preferences.  In my case that is universes 1, 2, 5, 12-17, 27-29, & 31-34.  Unfortunately it does not do them in order so it's a little hard to see, and each entry scrolls over onto a second line.  However looking at the second line (right below the line with initializing), I will explain what you are seeing.  The first part is a timestamp.  Next is 509:DMX1.  I assume the 509 is a result code, but that's a guess, and the DMX1 says that it relates to DMX universe 1.  After that is what appears to be a more human readable translation starting with the message type, which in this case is [INFO].  It is showing that E1.31 universe 1 opened pointing to an IP of 192.168.131.99/5568. 192.168.131.99 is one of my SanDevices E6804 cards that currently responds to Universes 1 & 2.  The /5568 indicates that is is sending to IP port 5568 (which is the normal port used for E1.31 traffic).

The Comm Listener goes on with the rest of it's startup messages.

You should be seeing similar message if you look at your Comm Listener.

Ok figured out picture posting so now let's start over 

first pictures are of my set  up
04837e57dc76c5cb28e76c32baa97bc1.jpg

24fc5792bef4957017f8081094c26a32.jpg

Then I whent to the controller & set it up using an Alpha Pix from Holiday Coro

1347139200245c44791b1b35b63e1f2c.jpg

0c29cd993d74ba5e2402e97ef7ffceec.jpg

fef6eeec4944be3a4f0919335d0ee2fe.jpg

You will notice 7& 8 have 22 in them configuration will not allow 0 as these two are blanks & not used

167d31c8811e21c0403055e064e78d4d.jpg

f7a50c53e5605431be55319b13fe2f3e.jpg

Then did a Ping test to make sure everything was correct

d367eec516072bb548dcb74047a347b6.jpg

After Ping test I went to xLights & tested to make sure computer & controller were connected & work just fine

Then I went to LOR & set it up so I could sequence

d1c5fabddee6f9ea2f52ce800b996f62.jpg

288e1bb705c2f4a3f2819b39f8e85631.jpg

As you can see I have a DMX for the rest of my show setup on univ. 1 That is why everything starts with univ. 2

8168d7228b1582e7f04cdc62e3602376.jpg

Here is the LOR tab in the setup incase I missed something

c4bf99ad2d286af9ef566626f12609c6.jpg

also Misc tab

next I created my sequence actually copy & pasted from one I bought

52164759f39a543f610902767709d069.jpg

Here is a picture showing channel setup

6c15ab88ecf96e923fde73e6ea57e929.jpg

fbcd2af265bee5f3df849a9a571e4ae5.jpg

Below are a few more pictures that maybe of help

506578a5c9b3d2d0384da4be20d9adfc.jpg

Program started at 7:50:01 but no output to lights

14a2f36c05172db6f236b17660ee0e9c.jpg

3ca1013b200e60e9c9290099df565816.jpg

Tried to use this for testing but got nowhere.

Thanks for any & all help This rookie old man appreciates it 

Any more questions please ask

MIke

Edited by mmais68569

Yes, you did figure out the photo posting!  I’m going to defer till I’m not on my phone to review them in detail.

BTW, it would appear that your screen shots were taken with a camera looking at your screen.  Microsoft introduced a thing called the snipping tool in Windows 7 that does a FAR better job for screen captures. You might want to check it out - for future reference...

In the 10th picture down where it is showing the unicast ip address, what is the port number in the box?

Also, do you have it going through a wifi router?

Edited by Mr. P

39 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

BTW, it would appear that your screen shots were taken with a camera looking at your screen.  Microsoft introduced a thing called the snipping tool in Windows 7 that does a FAR better job for screen captures. You might want to check it out - for future reference...

+1 on usiing the Snipping tool.  Before that, I used to launch Paintshop Pro and use the (area selectable) 'capture'

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

In the 10th picture down where it is showing the unicast ip address, what is the port number in the box?

Also, do you have it going through a wifi router?

The port in the picture is 5568

Just below it it says COMM Listener port 8837

Could that be the problem.

Yes it is running through a wifi router with no connection to my network

Mike

2 minutes ago, mmais68569 said:

Mike

The port numbers are correct.  The Comm listener is monitoring port 8837, and the pixel controller is monitoring power 5568 (normally).

37 minutes ago, mmais68569 said:

Mike

Why don't you take the router out of the equation and try it connected directly to the computer and see what it does.

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Why don't you take the router out of the equation and try it connected directly to the computer and see what it does.

Took the router out of the setup & nothing happened show started but no output.

Did find that my control lights in the sequence editor was not checked, I tried 10-12 to get it to check & never did. Is there another way to get it to turn on or am I doing something wrong. Just checked my home computer & can easily check & uncheck control lights.

Here is a picture of the log that just ran with no output

de9a1aeb6cd28f6dfc2b3ac60baabd45.png

Mike

YEPPERS-The 1st time I set up mine was a PIA, took FOREVER, but once I got it to work I saved it as a layout for future uses, if you cant get it to work PM me your email and Ill send you a layout that you can either cut and paste your sequence on or to look at and compare.

Edited by joopers7

1 hour ago, mmais68569 said:

Is there a way to test E1.31 in LOR?

Mike, yes.  Open the Hardware Utility, and then select Pixel Console down at the bottom.  On the Pixel Console, select the controller type in the lower left corner and then the Universe that you want to test.

38 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Mike, yes.  Open the Hardware Utility, and then select Pixel Console down at the bottom.  On the Pixel Console, select the controller type in the lower left corner and then the Universe that you want to test.

There is another way to test both regular and E1.31 channels in the sequence editor.

Open a properly configured sequence in SE and right click on a channel, group or even an individual pixel, and select turn physical channel on. Works for actual lights and the visualizer.