Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with pixel on my new CCR Pixie2

audihere

I opened up my new CCR box today that has a Pixie2 and two CCR's.  It runs the test pattern OK, but when I ran a sequence I made last year for 2 horizontal CCR's, the pixel furthest from the white cable on both channels gets messed up sometimes.  See this video for what's going on.

The weirdness going on with the last pixel is not supposed to be happening.  Please let me know if this is something that can be fixed.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, audihere said:

I'm running firmware 1.03 on the Pixie2 and all the latest Light-O-Rama software.

Assume you are referring to the 3 stuck pixels on the end. I have had that problem on one strand. After a while it went away. Tonight on the same strand I have 3 stuck pixels in the middle. Gonna contact LOR since they are still under warranty ( I hope). Its not every sequence so sometimes I don't even notice it.

Probably not the answer you are looking for but its all I have. I just dealt with it and until tonight never noticed. My trees been running since late June for testing.

JR

I didn't notice it on the text sequences I was running on all 6 channels either.  Not until this sequence that has a lot of fading and overlapping of channels.

I went ahead and tested this sequence on two other channels (old CCR controllers) and it worked perfectly.

Not sure if I have a bad component or if it's a bug.  Very discouraged at this point though as I was hoping to not be dead in the water 5 minutes into new set up.

Its probably not the pixie controller. Ive been beta testing the 16 since June. 

If you swap the strands does the issue change to the new unit or does it stay the same?

If it moves more than likely the strip.

JR

8 minutes ago, audihere said:

I went ahead and tested this sequence on two other channels (old CCR controllers) and it worked perfectly.

Not sure if I have a bad component or if it's a bug.  Very discouraged at this point though as I was hoping to not be dead in the water 5 minutes into new set up.

LOR stands by their products. If there is a problem they will take care of you.

Change the strands and see what happens. If it moves probably strip, if it stays prob controller or setting.

JR

Good idea, I swapped the 2 CCR's.  Most of the time there's an issue on both strings at the same time, but for the times it's not a mirrored issue, when I changed the strings, the issue followed the controller channel.  This leads me to believe it could be the signal coming from the controller.

Again, the test sequence produced by pressing the white tactile button in the controller plays perfectly.  But I ran this sequence on 2 other channels/controllers and it played perfectly.

I created a ticket.

Not sure there's anything else I can try to remedy this?

Thanks.

Re-loaded my 6 CCR text sequence and see it's having trouble with the last pixel on 1 string.  Swapped the connectors on the Pixie2 and the trouble follows the channel (doesn't stay with the string).

It seems to mainly get hung up on green. 

Did some further testing with text colors all red, all green, all blue and rainbow.  The all solid color text works perfectly.  The rainbow setting (each letter different color in Superstar Sequencer) is where that pixel isn't happy.

Also did a reset on the Pixie2, but that didn't change anything.

Tech support has told me there's a bug in Pixie firmware when running in enhanced mode and a firmware update will be needed to remedy the issue.

Fingers crossed they can track it down soon.

In the mean time I'm in the garage building my new 6 horizontal CCR panel to hang over my garage door to display sequences that include text this year!

• The topic was locked