Light-O-Rama Forums
TBD

Editing .lorchan Channel Config files

How do you Edit (change) the Unit ID (channel) of a sequence within the Sequencer (V5 beta)?

How do you Edit (change) the Unit ID of an exported channel configuration (.lorchan) file?

Thanks

Mike

Unit ids are assigned and maintained in the preview. All sequences for a show should share the same preview. So changing the preview once, changes it for all of the sequences; though after changing a preview, you will still need to go back and re-save the playback files for each sequence. If you need to make large-scale changes to your channel configuration, then within Preview Design select Item > Channel Summary.

Exporting the channel configuration in S5 does not do exactly the same thing as it did in S4. In S5 it transfers information about grid views, motion effect properties, and RGB aggregates. It does not carry any information about physical channel assignments.

Matt

Matt said: All sequences for a show should share the same preview

Does that mean that you can't use a different preview, for any reason in a show? I am not planning to change any channel or prop configurations in the new preview. I am going to switch to using dimming curves on the props instead of setting the intensity level settings in the motion effects. Will the new sequences that use only the dimming curves not work in a show with the current sequences?

Jim

4 hours ago, JamesWright said:

Does that mean that you can't use a different preview, for any reason in a show? I am not planning to change any channel or prop configurations in the new preview. I am going to switch to using dimming curves on the props instead of setting the intensity level settings in the motion effects. Will the new sequences that use only the dimming curves not work in a show with the current sequences?

As long as one preview was copied from the other and the only difference is dimming curves, then you should be fine.

Matt

On 11/10/2017 at 2:02 PM, MattBrown said:

Unit ids are assigned and maintained in the preview. All sequences for a show should share the same preview. So changing the preview once, changes it for all of the sequences; though after changing a preview, you will still need to go back and re-save the playback files for each sequence. If you need to make large-scale changes to your channel configuration, then within Preview Design select Item > Channel Summary.

Exporting the channel configuration in S5 does not do exactly the same thing as it did in S4. In S5 it transfers information about grid views, motion effect properties, and RGB aggregates. It does not carry any information about physical channel assignments.

Matt

So Matt export/import of Channel Config in S5 only handles grid view info, motion effect properties, and RGB aggregates.   NOT channel assignments such as network, unit, and circuit ID, etc like it did in S4.  Am I understanding this correctly?

9 hours ago, HiTechLights said:

Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes you are.

Because of your question, the menu item has been in changed in 5.0.14 to Grid Configuration > Import/Export.

Matt

Ok this explains the "issue"  I was having.  I have a show that I run at a local park.  I leave the computer there that runs the show but use a laptop to configure the channels at home.  I tried the export but wasn't having any luck.  I am one version back as everything is working now and didn't want to risk losing my sequences.  I really like the new channel configuration for the pixel stuff but am having a hard time enjoying the legacy channel assignments.  I set up my display and then use the light console to bring channels up one at a time to know what got connected to where.  Is there an easier way in S5 to assign channels for the legacy stuff than using the channel config one at a time and 4 mouse clicks for each channel?  S4 had the channel configuration screen where you could change multiple items for the legacy controllers with a lot less mouse clicks.  I have quite a few channels and the screen refreshing every time gets frustrating but I do like the conflicts getting flagged imediately

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Is there an easier way in S5 to assign channels for the legacy stuff than using the channel config one at a time and 4 mouse clicks for each channel?  

In Preview Design, select Item > Channel Summary. There should be fewer clicks using that screen to change channel assignments.

Matt

1 hour ago, christmascrossing said:

I've loaded version 5.0.14, and don't see "Channel Summary" in the Preview Design.  What am I missing?

Jeff,

it's here

Alan...

chansumm.gif

• Thanks 1