Light-O-Rama Forums

"Lights On" in two weeks!!!

Santas Helper

For those of use that fire up Thanksgiving evening that is. No pressure. LOL

I go "Lights On" Thanksgiving evening because I have family over that day and stay till dark and they like checking it all out while visiting.

But my neighbors also have their family visiting so they like to see the show with their vistors while they are in the area for the evening.

So to those that light up Thanksgiving evening, you have been warned. LOL

TWO WEEKS. :ph34r::D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whew, I have one more day...

Oh wait, I expect to be 100% complete by the end of this weekend.  All the big parts were done last weekend...

2 weeks... two weeks...

TWO WEEKS?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I'm so far behind. It's going to seriously be a Christmas miracle if I can get this show up and running on time. . . And the sad part is... I don't even know why I am so far behind. It seems like yesterday was July 4th... Then BIM BAM BOOM!!! Thanksgiving is here!! It seems like I lost my entire year!! :blink:

• Like 1

I light up Thanksgiving night as well, I feel more pressure this year than ever, I have never been so unsure about the setup. Well, not counting the year Santa's Helper and Mega Arch came and helped me take down at one home and put up on another in one day. Won neighbourhood decoration contest also! Two of the best friends/men you could hope to know.

Light up the day after Thanksgiving here.  Is anybody else sick of just watching visualizations?  Really jonesing for some live flashy and blinky.

2 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Is anybody else sick of just watching visualizations?

Yes. Oh my gosh. YES!! I am so tired of watching visualizations! I really can't wait for the show to be live on the house!! 

3 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Is anybody else sick of just watching visualizations? 

Yes.  As of last Monday I have had about 90% of my show setup completed.  I have been running a single song show each morning that runs one song one time at a time so I can go out to my truck and pull it out to the "prime" viewing location, watch one song and then head to my train to go to work.  BTW, that's 05:02 each workday morning.  Nice to watch the actual lights!

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Yes.  As of last Monday I have had about 90% of my show setup completed.  I have been running a single song show each morning that runs one song one time at a time so I can go out to my truck and pull it out to the "prime" viewing location, watch one song and then head to my train to go to work.  BTW, that's 05:02 each workday morning.  Nice to watch the actual lights!

I'm liking the 5 am single show watching when leaving for work.  I leave the house around the same time......hmmm.  Just might have to talk/beg/plead the wife into it as we commute together.  It definitely would get the day started off on the right foot!

22 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

I'm liking the 5 am single show watching when leaving for work.  I leave the house around the same time......hmmm.  Just might have to talk/beg/plead the wife into it as we commute together.  It definitely would get the day started off on the right foot!

It works well for me.  I generally don't do much live lights tests during the evening as I really don't generally want people stopping to watch the show - yet.  So doing it early in the morning works fine for me, and other than the newspaper delivery guy, there is generally no one else around.  I create a test show that only has one song in it for each of my songs.  Then I set a calendar show (as opposed to the normal weekly schedule) for whatever song I want to to test from 0502 to 0503.  At 0502, my overnight animation stops and the one song runs once and then the normal overnight animation show restarts.

We have about 1/2 of the lights and props setup and still have to tweak the sequences for the new stuff in the display. We had planned a few big changes but have run out of time for them this year. We should be good to go for Friday after Thanksgiving... If not we''ll run whats done and finish up as needed!

70% up.  Still building more props to put out.  Not a single song programed.  8000 Pixel bulbs up so far.  Running 8 Pixcon 16 boards (132 channels)   First year with Pixels and the new Pixcon16 boards.  I hope to have all the props built and setup the next two days.  Already used 1500 ft. of 18/3 weather proof cording.  We also turn ours on Thanksgiving night.   Time to throttle back in my business and get these display done.  

Rob    

I'll be dark this year for Christmas? I did a big Halloween show which I really wasn't planning on doing and it turned out better than expected. I had a ton of positive comments and had more kids this year than last.  I was able to see my 24x50 matrix in action and some other new props. So all is good. I just have soooo much to do in the next 3 months with my house that I didn't want to have to worry about a show and then all the tear down and reorganizing the storage in January. So, it's all about relaxing taking a breather and enjoying OTHER displays this year.  I have a ton of ideas and props planned out for next years seasons. It will be bigger and better than ever. So good luck to all and I can't wait to see everyone's displays!!!!!!

I am 90% set up and all but 15 channels are wired up now. Had a little carnage last night but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. (I just hope it's not a train)

Changing faces this weekend.  Pixels up from Halloween so I know they are ready.  Will change the AC props thanksgiving weekend for early December start. The rains have started which makes me not want to go into the swamp / yard.

Show was ready a few days ago but decided to add one more song (something just like this by the chainsmokers and Coldplay) and completed it in a couple days.  Love superstar...sequenced yard in about 6 hours. Did faces in 1 hour.  Did the yard one day and the faces the next.  No hurry.  Thinking of adding one more...

I'm actually running a bit ahead of schedule this year (after taking 8 days off work).  Everything is up and tested - I just need to create the actual shows in Show Builder.  Then it's lights on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.