Light-O-Rama Forums
Disparky

I'm blinding my neighbors here!

Is there a way to tone down the brightness while I'm working on the program?  A master fader would be great.

~  Chris

Isn't the display supposed to look like the "Las Vegas Strip"? or did I miss the point?

HVACR

• Haha 1

There is not a master fader. However, you can control the brightness of individual effects: while in the Effect Generator, change the the Brightness Mode to manual, then adjust the slider as needed.

Matt

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HVACR said:

Isn't the display supposed to look like the "Las Vegas Strip"? or did I miss the point?

HVACR

Glad I'm not the only one lighting up our neighborhood like it's Las Vegas Blvd! :lol:

On 11/8/2017 at 6:03 PM, MattBrown said:

There is not a master fader. However, you can control the brightness of individual effects: while in the Effect Generator, change the the Brightness Mode to manual, then adjust the slider as needed.

Matt

Yeah, not practical.   I need to dim everything down while I'm working on it and then turn it up again when I'm done.

Thanks for your response.

~Chris

1 hour ago, Disparky said:

Yeah, not practical.   I need to dim everything down while I'm working on it and then turn it up again when I'm done.

Thanks for your response.

~Chris

Most pixel controllers have intensity settings you can adjust.  I usually run all my pixels around 30% as they are too bright for my eyes at 100%.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

In all seriousness I run all my pixels at 50% and only go up to 80% brightness for really quick, bright pops. (And those are very rare. Maybe 5 times in the entire hour long show) 

That being said, the only way I have been able to figure out how to turn down the brightness in the PE is to go through and do it one effect at a time. It's annoying, and time consuming. But if it has to be done... It has to be done... 

I'm with you, I really REALLY wish there was a "master fade" button that would fade down all the props at once instead of having to do it one by one by one by one. *cough* LOR *cough* 

I have a two minute musical sequence and every single note of all instruments including percussion are programmed in.  Going back and turning them down to 50% takes a couple hours.  Unfortunately, I can not see my props on screen when set at 50% so I am stuck creating the sequence at 100% and then painstakingly turn everything down to a reasonable brightness.  A master slider would be too easy.  I was surprised to find out that there isn't one in software such as this.  I haven't checked the E1.31 bridge settings for brightness control yet so I'll do that now.  Thanks for the hint!  It may be a possible time saver.  I enjoy using Pixel Editor a great deal and I hope more is done to improve its functionality.

~ Chris

An alternative approach is to install the additional dimming curves in this post:

Change the dimming curves on the props you want at lower brightness, save the preview, then re-save the intensity data files for each sequence. This approach has the advantage of keeping the on-screen playback at normal brightness levels.

Matt

• Like 1