Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix Creation

Protege94

I just received my new CCR2 controller with 200 bullet pixels. I bought the CCR_4 license for SuperStar.

How do I get the software to recognize the 200 pixels? I am wanting to do 8 rows of 25, but right now I can only get 4 rows to work within the software.

Also when I go to make a "Quick Visualization" I only have the option to add a CCR controller with 150 channels but I need an option for 200.......

Superstar defaults to "CCR Mode." In CCR mode you have a limited number of CCR layouts, and the layouts assume 50 pixels per ribbon or string.
To do other layouts you need to make a visualization in the visualizer and then import the visualization into superstar.

However, the visualizer does not support 100 pixel CCR strings. So to work around this you must do the following:

launch the Visualizer
Use the Matrix Wizard or Tree Wizard to make a matrix or tree using 100 pixel DMX strings
If you need help with this let me know.
Save the visualization
launch superstar
click on the File Menu and select "Import Visualization"
do your sequencing in superstar
click on the File menu and select "Export to Sequence Editor"
launch the sequence editor
Insert a Pixie device and define it to have 100 pixel strings, in your case you can insert a Pixie2 device and it should behave the same as a CCR2 controller.
Open the sequence you exported from superstar
Use copy/paste to copy the exported sequence into the Pixie device, when you do this the sequence will take on the addressing of the pixie device

I must be doing something wrong. Just made a visualization file and it imported and looks fine but then when I did a quick sequence to see if it worked only one row of 25 works.

Are you playing it to your actual lights? Are you saying that only 25 pixels work on your actual lights?

I am just playing it in the SuperStar program. The visualization of the matrix only has the top row of 25 working. The other rows don't even allow effects to be added.

Not sure if it would help but Ive attached my visualization file.

Test2.lee

Brian if there is an easier way to work through this I am open to email or Skype. I also tried to find tutorial videos but am having no luck.

There are no tutorials on this.

I looked at your visualization, all of the strings in the visualization use pixels 1-25. You want to create a visualization that uses pixels 1-100 of each string. I had to play around with this for awhile because the matrix wizard does not allow specifying a pixel length for the strings so you have to create only one of the 100 pixel strings at a time. I would think that you would want the controller to be in the left middle of the matrix and have the strings snake up and snake down from there. So to make the top string do the following:

1) launch the visualizer

2) click on the matrix wizard button

3) click once to start a rectangle, move the mouse and click again to mark the end of the rectangle, the matrix wizard dialog box will open

enter a name such as "Top String"

Start Matrix At - Bottom Left

Consecutive Pixels Run - Horizontally, Snake Pattern

Number/Type of Pixels  - DMX Pixels

Wide - 25          High - 4

Lights - Size - 6

click on Ok

4) In the New/Existing fixture dialog box, select the second option

You have now created the top string, to create the bottom string:

1) click on the matrix wizard button

2) click once to start a rectangle, move the mouse and click again to mark the end of the rectangle, the matrix wizard dialog box will open

enter a name such as "Bottom String"

Start Matrix At - Top Left

Lights - Size - 6

click on Ok

You now have the bottom string. Move the strings and resize as necessary to get them to form an 8x25 matrix

Double click on the Top string matrix, set it to Universe 1

Double click on the Bottom string matrix, set it to Universe 2

We are not really going to use the universe settings, you just need them to not be the same thing or you will get an error when superstar imports the visualization

Save the visualization

launch superstar

do your sequencing

Export to Sequence Editor

Now you can copy/paste from the exported sequence to your Pixie controller that you have in your destination sequence, and the effects will take on the Pixie controller addressing.

I wish there was an easier way, but the above does work. Attached is the visualization that I made using the above instructions

Test3.lee

I used your file and made an "instant sequence" to test and it is still only running the bottom three rows......I have attached a screenshot that shows only three rows lighting up.

ScreenShot.png

It looks like the timing map got messed up. Do the following:

1) Bring up the Instant Sequence dialog box

2) Click on the Timing Map button

3) In the Timing Map dialog box click on the "Set Freq Spectrum" button in the lower left

4) Go back to the Instant Sequence dialog box. Make sure there is a TCM set for each of the 8 rows.

5) Click on "Sequence All" and all of the rows should receive sequencing

On 11/7/2017 at 11:44 PM, BrianBruderer said:

There are no tutorials on this.

I looked at your visualization, all of the strings in the visualization use pixels 1-25. You want to create a visualization that uses pixels 1-100 of each string. I had to play around with this for awhile because the matrix wizard does not allow specifying a pixel length for the strings so you have to create only one of the 100 pixel strings at a time. I would think that you would want the controller to be in the left middle of the matrix and have the strings snake up and snake down from there. So to make the top string do the following:

1) launch the visualizer

2) click on the matrix wizard button

3) click once to start a rectangle, move the mouse and click again to mark the end of the rectangle, the matrix wizard dialog box will open

enter a name such as "Top String"

Start Matrix At - Bottom Left

Lights - Size - 6

click on Ok

You have now created the top string, to create the bottom string:

1) click on the matrix wizard button

2) click once to start a rectangle, move the mouse and click again to mark the end of the rectangle, the matrix wizard dialog box will open

enter a name such as "Bottom String"

Start Matrix At - Top Left

Lights - Size - 6

click on Ok

You now have the bottom string. Move the strings and resize as necessary to get them to form an 8x25 matrix

Double click on the Top string matrix, set it to Universe 1

Double click on the Bottom string matrix, set it to Universe 2

We are not really going to use the universe settings, you just need them to not be the same thing or you will get an error when superstar imports the visualization

Save the visualization

launch superstar

do your sequencing

Export to Sequence Editor

Now you can copy/paste from the exported sequence to your Pixie controller that you have in your destination sequence, and the effects will take on the Pixie controller addressing.

I wish there was an easier way, but the above does work. Attached is the visualization that I made using the above instructions

Test3.lee

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.... I had struggled building a 2 string (each string with 98 pixels) 14x14 Matrix for a PixCon16 and I used above method to find the err of my ways.... Woo Hoo!

Edited by kevinob